High anxiety and/or panic attacks?
I have issues with anxiety as well. While I don't often have panic attacks (I can think of one full-blown panic attack in the last 5 years), high levels of anxiety have contributed to/are related to the digestive issue that I have (anyone can PM me if they want the gory details--it's just too gross to post publicly). Usually I start feeling panicky in the car or when I'm somewhere where I can't make a quick escape if I need to. I'm usually able to feel my anxiety levels rising, though, so before they get out of hand, I take some deep breaths and say as many Hail Marys as I can until I either calm down or am able to get out of the car. I also take a very low dose anti-depressant (10mg/day) that helps me deal with the physical pain that often contributes to my increased anxiety levels. I guess my point is that the only way I've figured out to avoid totally losing it when I feel anxious is to take control of the situation and calm myself down before the anxiety takes control of me. I've also been able to decrease one of the stressors that can cause anxiety, so, of course, that helps.

Messages In This Thread
Re: High anxiety and/or panic attacks? - by Pheo - 04-03-2011, 11:53 AM
Re: High anxiety and/or panic attacks? - by Joamy - 04-03-2011, 06:29 PM
Re: High anxiety and/or panic attacks? - by mom - 04-03-2011, 06:51 PM
Re: High anxiety and/or panic attacks? - by mom - 04-03-2011, 06:54 PM
Re: High anxiety and/or panic attacks? - by mom - 04-03-2011, 09:29 PM
Re: High anxiety and/or panic attacks? - by Penelope - 04-03-2011, 10:16 PM