Now hotmail hates us
So, hotmail / live has apparently blocked mail from our server.  This happens every so often because the mail companies get a wild hair about protecting their customers from spam and tweak things to be stricter, and suddenly we're blocked.

I have to fill out a form to get the site unblocked, and then it may be a while before it is.  In the meantime, if you have a hotmail or live account, you may not get mail from the forum.

Arrgh.

-Q
Gmail ftw!
[Image: gmail_love.jpg]
My thoughts go out to the Hotmail / Live peeps but gotta give my props to Gmail. One of the beat decisions I ever made online was making the switch! Go text ads!!!
(04-04-2011, 05:54 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: Gmail ftw!
[Image: gmail_love.jpg]

Truth.
Who uses hotmail?!

I thought hotmail only let spam through (from the time I used it way back when).

Cannot users just allow Fisheaters email through? Or check their spam...whatever?

There is no reason to helplessly wait until it is globally fixed.
I know a forum member who uses Live for email.

I say we send Rosie over to Redmond with a crate of rotten trout so he can kick some butt.
(04-04-2011, 08:29 AM)Rosarium Wrote: Who uses hotmail?!

I thought hotmail only let spam through (from the time I used it way back when).

Cannot users just allow Fisheaters email through? Or check their spam...whatever?

No, the server is blocking it.  It doesn't even get filtered - just rejected.
(04-04-2011, 11:49 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(04-04-2011, 08:29 AM)Rosarium Wrote: Who uses hotmail?!

No, the server is blocking it.  It doesn't even get filtered - just rejected.

I bet it's because of all of Ros's anti-Windows activities here.

They've found out!
(04-04-2011, 12:08 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: I bet it's because of all of Ros's anti-Windows activities here.

They've found out!

No. I'm not "anti-Windows". You'll find very little from me about that. However, you'll see I'm "pro" other things, namely, freedom.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

If Microsoft really wished to specific attack this forum, they'd do it more effectively and with their legal/marketing department (I consider them to be the same department).
I use Live. Why? Well, I used to hate the old Hotmail interface and then they changed quite a bit of stuff, and I've been a fan of the Live interface for a good while. I use it strictly for personal correspondence. Only friends and family have that one and I've never gotten a single piece of spam on it because I don't give that one out. I like it, it works for me. I have a very, very old Gmail account that I use for the forum, for businesses, work related stuff, things I'm subscribed to, like e-zines etc etc.... mostly because Gmail doesn't have the filter issues, and because I don't actually care for the way Gmail organizes email conversations into long threads. So, there ya have it -- I still get my forum notifications, it just means having to check one extra email address.  :)