Installation of the archbishop major of Ucraine
At Kiev, where the new cathedral is ready (with uncomplete furniture, however). Awesome eastern ceremonia:
I would love to see a picture of what the outside is supposed to look like when it is finished.  It looks like it will be a hideous modernist monstrosity.  Hopefully B16 will acknowledge him as Patriarch of Kyiv, though!  :pray:
(04-05-2011, 05:03 PM)Melkite Wrote: Hopefully B16 will acknowledge him as Patriarch of Kyiv, though!   :pray:

I agree, but I've run across UC's who are insistent upon referring to him as 'Patriarch' already. Smacks of 'neo-Orthodoxy' to me.
(04-05-2011, 05:03 PM)Melkite Wrote: I would love to see a picture of what the outside is supposed to look like when it is finished.  It looks like it will be a hideous modernist monstrosity.  Hopefully B16 will acknowledge him as Patriarch of Kyiv, though!   :pray:

I don't have time now, but it looks kinda Ukrainian. 

Do a Google search. It's not easy to find, but it's there.
What exactly did you search on Google?
(04-05-2011, 05:17 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(04-05-2011, 05:03 PM)Melkite Wrote: Hopefully B16 will acknowledge him as Patriarch of Kyiv, though!   :pray:

I agree, but I've run across UC's who are insistent upon referring to him as 'Patriarch' already. Smacks of 'neo-Orthodoxy' to me.
I'm one of them and since the UGCC is literally a martyr Church I think its a little privilege earned by the blood of faithful Greek Catholics, we've been calling them patriarchs since the 1960s (though it spread in the 1980s), when meeting the Holy Father the Major Archbishop of Kiev-Halych and all Rus' asked him in person to recognize the Ukrainian patriarchate... only reason Rome has not is fear of the reaction of the Russians Eastern Church and how it may hurt ecumenical relations

I know you didnt coin the term neo-orthodoxy (whoever started that other thread did), but we are Orthodox, all Christians in communion with the Bishop of Rome are so, like the Tridentine Mass says "For the Orthodox Catholic Faith" - how about "neo-photiosians" or something  instead
(04-05-2011, 06:09 PM)Scythian Wrote: I know you didnt coin the term neo-orthodoxy (whoever started that other thread did), but we are Orthodox, all Christians in communion with the Bishop of Rome are so, like the Tridentine Mass says "For the Orthodox Catholic Faith" - how about "neo-photiosians" or something  instead

Point taken. 'Neo-photiosians' has a ring to it! :)
[Image: ArticleImage_1_Thumb_88862.jpg?]
[Image: 12786676.jpg]
[Image: RTEmagicC_sobor_osin_2010_01.jpg.jpg]

Kiev is a lovely town, though, by the way.

And Ukrainian women are complete babes.
Yeah, it's that crap concrete encapsulating the central dome.  :puke:
I think it has the potential to look nice and make an impression (positive) on the city.  It's also one of the only churches on that bank of the river. 

Although, hopefully they are able to put signs up on how to get there..  my friend and I had to wander a bit until we found it... heh.