Installation of the archbishop major of Ucraine
i think it has potential too... though the eastern orthodox at one of their sites i lurke at were enthuased for another reason to hate greek catholics because of the patriarchal churchs exterior, looking forward though to when the whole thing is done, espiecially the interior
It's like a bad car accident, I just can't stop looking at it.  God, what the hell were they thinking?  Well, at least they got their vestments right.  Right liturgy is at least a little more important than right church architecture. 
It recalls to mind, Chernobyl
(04-05-2011, 06:09 PM)Scythian Wrote:
(04-05-2011, 05:17 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [quote='Melkite' pid='732580' dateline='1302037436']
Hopefully B16 will acknowledge him as Patriarch of Kyiv, though!   :pray:
(whoever started that other thread did)

I did  ;D
I meant to say I coined the phrases of crypto and neo orthodoxy.
Now, the correct name for Christ's faith is the Catholic faith. This is how the Fathers described the faith. S. Athanaius calls Christians who hold the right faith Catholics (I've seen it but can't quote it.) Even the Orthodox call themselves the Catholic Church! So indeed I call the phenomenon "neo-Orthodoxy."

As to the title of patriarch, I heard even the other bishops of the UGCC call the patriarch His Beatitude, even though he's not a patriarch. Ecumenical relations be damned!! Long live the Catholic Patriarch of Kiev!!
(04-06-2011, 12:56 PM)randomtradguy Wrote: I meant to say I coined the phrases of crypto and neo orthodoxy.
Now, the correct name for Christ's faith is the Catholic faith. This is how the Fathers described the faith. S. Athanaius calls Christians who hold the right faith Catholics (I've seen it but can't quote it.) Even the Orthodox call themselves the Catholic Church! So indeed I call the phenomenon "neo-Orthodoxy."

As to the title of patriarch, I heard even the other bishops of the UGCC call the patriarch His Beatitude, even though he's not a patriarch. Ecumenical relations be damned!! Long live the Catholic Patriarch of Kiev!!

I thought originally it was always referred to as the Catholic Church, but the Orthodox faith?
(04-06-2011, 12:56 PM)randomtradguy Wrote: I meant to say I coined the phrases of crypto and neo orthodoxy.
i have to very much protest your name for it, mine (neo photiosianism) is much more accurate, Orthodox is a correct epithet for a Christian in communion with the Holy See  :)

"....et obmnibus Orthodoxis, atque Catholicae et Apostolicae Culturibus" -Canon of the Tridentine Mass

anywho, i understand where youre coming from but Orthodox is something Catholics have every right to use (intellectually anyways, I wouldnt say it publicly because obviously it would cause confusion)

neo-orthodoxy suggests a reawakening of orthodox (right believing faith), like european protestant neo-orthodoxy which emerged post WW1 to oppose liberal protestantism of 19th century, i feel strongly you use the term improperly

(04-06-2011, 01:14 PM)Melkite Wrote: I thought originally it was always referred to as the Catholic Church, but the Orthodox faith?
you're correct, from my understanding anyway

(04-06-2011, 12:56 PM)randomtradguy Wrote: As to the title of patriarch, I heard even the other bishops of the UGCC call the patriarch His Beatitude, even though he's not a patriarch. Ecumenical relations be damned!! Long live the Catholic Patriarch of Kiev!!
Amen!
One can not deny that the Fathers called the Orthodox Christians "Catholics" though.
(04-08-2011, 12:00 AM)randomtradguy Wrote: One can not deny that the Fathers called the Orthodox Christians "Catholics" though.

Yes, from what I have read of the fathers, Orthodox defined the faith, Catholic defined the person.
In the Athanasian Creed, it calls the Faith the Catholic Faith