Best take out coffee ?
Tim hortons but there bloody well gonna have to switch to fair trade coffee eventually!
(04-06-2011, 09:32 AM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: Tim hortons but there bloody well gonna have to switch to fair trade coffee eventually!

I'm a huge fair trade fan. I don't like it that Tim Horton's hasn't managed to go that route when even Starbucks has... so, my favourite place is The Little Red Roaster. They have fair-trade everything, they're smaller, independently run shops in my city (which I support again, as opposed to a huge retail chain, whenever I can) and the stuff there is so yummy. :love:

[Image: roaster-logo.png]

[Image: Byron-exterior.jpg]

Peet's is my favorite. But Peets stores are as rare as Starbucks are common. Goooooood coffee, very thick.
(04-06-2011, 11:11 AM)SoCalLocal Wrote: Peet's is my favorite. But Peets stores are as rare as Starbucks are common. Goooooood coffee, very thick.

I can vouch for that - I miss the Peet's store in San Diego. Have never seen one on the east coast.  I buy Peet's at the supermarket though. Major Dickasen's (sp?) blend.

I understand that Peet started Starbucks, sold it and started Peet's, which is so far superior to Starbucks, it is breathtaking.  It's all marketing, because Starbucks doesn't come close.

Not much for good coffee spots here in the wilds of Maine, but we have one good coffee spot in town. Lots of Dunkin' Donuts around, which is ok.  I actually missed DD while in Cal.
(04-06-2011, 11:24 AM)Longinus Wrote:
(04-06-2011, 11:11 AM)SoCalLocal Wrote: Peet's is my favorite. But Peets stores are as rare as Starbucks are common. Goooooood coffee, very thick.

I can vouch for that - I miss the Peet's store in San Diego. Have never seen one on the east coast.  I buy Peet's at the supermarket though. Major Dickasen's (sp?) blend.

PEET'S!! But only for lattés. Their drip tastes like battery acid, so I actually buy Starbucks ground (Colombia or house blend) at the supermarket.

(04-06-2011, 11:24 AM)Longinus Wrote: I understand that Peet started Starbucks, sold it and started Peet's, which is so far superior to Starbucks, it is breathtaking.  It's all marketing, because Starbucks doesn't come close.

??? Peet's started in Berkeley about 8 blocks from where I'm sitting. Starbucks started in Seattle. There are rumors that Starbucks will buy Peet's though. I don't know what I'll do if that happens.
Timmy's double double! MickeyD's as a second choice.
I think i must be the only Canadian that hates Tim Hortons coffee

My Faves:
7/11
McDonalds

Starbucks
Second cup
(04-06-2011, 08:19 AM)timoose Wrote: Best for consistency is D®unkin Donuts. Anywhere, anytime, and cheap.

tim

+1
When I was in Seattle, I went to a Starbucks that had some of the best coffee I've ever tasted. It was from the clover press (basically an inverted french press with a vacuum powered by a boeing motor).

Look at: http://www.starbucks.com/store-locator to find a Starbucks location with a clover press near you.
(04-06-2011, 03:39 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: I think i must be the only Canadian that hates Tim Hortons coffee

My Faves:
7/11
McDonalds

Starbucks
Second cup

Hate for not being fair trade but I'm surprised McD's is a fave if you hate Timmys