Best take out coffee ?
Local place in my college town, but it's a long commute from Canadia to Lawrence, Kansas.

[Image: bourgeois-pig.jpg]
The best take out coffee is actually tea. Or steamed milk. I have never understood why people actually enjoy drinking coffee. I know, I'm probably in the minority, but wow. Coffee is pretty gross.
(04-06-2011, 10:22 PM)Penelope Wrote: The best take out coffee is actually tea. Or steamed milk. I have never understood why people actually enjoy drinking coffee. I know, I'm probably in the minority, but wow. Coffee is pretty gross.

Just out of curiosity, do you like the smell of coffee, and just dislike the taste? Or, do you dislike both? I ask because a lot of people I know who don't like coffee actually like the smell of it, but they say that the taste doesn't match up with the smell.

Right now, I am stuck (probably for good) drinking decaf coffee, and there's honestly a certain oomph missing, in both the smell and the taste of it.... it seems flat to me. I think I may very well just learn to love herbal, caffeine-free tea.... because the decaf ain't doin' it.  :laughing:
(04-06-2011, 10:50 PM)laurabookworm Wrote:
(04-06-2011, 10:22 PM)Penelope Wrote: The best take out coffee is actually tea. Or steamed milk. I have never understood why people actually enjoy drinking coffee. I know, I'm probably in the minority, but wow. Coffee is pretty gross.

Just out of curiosity, do you like the smell of coffee, and just dislike the taste? Or, do you dislike both? I ask because a lot of people I know who don't like coffee actually like the smell of it, but they say that the taste doesn't match up with the smell.

Yes!! Exactly--the smell is often really good, but the taste does not match up at all!
(04-06-2011, 11:13 PM)Penelope Wrote:

Yes!! Exactly--the smell is often really good, but the taste does not match up at all!

You should try coffee with a shot of liquor. Corretto.

Or maybe just hazelnut flavouring if you're only concerned about the taste :P
(04-06-2011, 11:13 PM)Penelope Wrote:

I can't stand the taste of coffee...so I load mine up with hot chocolate. I do love steamers (steamed milk) though as well....

Whoa, haha, thread went BOOM when I was away today!

Three pages of awesome coffee recommendations.... sweet.

In our city we've got Tim Hortons, Starbucks, LRR (I hate their fair trade crud, L likes it), McDonalds, Coffee Culture, a Bagel Deli that has pretty awesome coffee... maybe also a few little shops. I like Tim Hortons myself. It's pretty good. But seeing your stuff rocks. Yummy, lots of good places to check out if I'm in different cities!

Caught a movie tonight and had MORE COFFEE during it, haha. Now I'm wired for sound! :metal:

[Image: funny-pictures-your-cat-had-too-much-caffeine1.jpg]

From what I've been told, Cuban coffee is extremely strong. It is not for the faint of heart.  :) 
I need this

[Image: caffeine_loading_500x500.jpg]
(04-07-2011, 01:14 AM)Virgil the Roman Wrote: From what I've been told, Cuban coffee is extremely strong. It is not for the faint of heart.  :) 

Mmmm it's good stuff though - as far as I could tell when I tried it, it's basically espresso that has some sort of sugar froth made while it's brewing.  I use my little Bialetti moka pot at home a lot too, so maybe I'll try making it one of these days.

I guess my favourite places are some of the small local coffee shops first, but I like Starbucks and I don't mind Tim Horton's.  Plus I've been winning wayyy over 50% of my roll up the rims this year.  At least 10 free coffees so far ;)