Poll: True or False
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Medjugorje
Feelings are not faith: most of the time they run contrary to it due to our wretched nature.

Faith is the intellectual assent to the truths revealed by God and believed in by His authority. Modernism, on the other hand, makes feeling the essence of faith.
This vote is as one sided as a USSR election.
The biggest fraud in the church next to...well, never mind.

I think it is kept ongoing to feed the coffers of the government there.

The only thing I can say nice about it and the devotee fanatics, is that they are a well-organized bunch.  Wouldn't be surprised if a few of them registered here today just so that they can defend to the death their pet apparition.  They always seem to be waiting in the wings somewhere.  Then they spend untold amounts of time telling us all about the "fruits" of Medj.  Yes, fruits indeed!

Thank you for responding to my call.  :)
(04-09-2011, 11:27 AM)JMartyr Wrote: I have been there and experienced many things. But having read some of the messages that go against Catholic teaching, I have changed my mind. I even saw the sun dance ,and if I remember correctly, could look at it without hurting my eyes.

Many members of my family are completely zealous for the medjugore apparitions. Whenever I try to discuss the issue, they almost get hostile, as if I were blaspheming the Lord Himself. I think Saint Paul summarizes the entire issue for us most effectively, as is usually his custom:

Quote: But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach a gospel to you besides that which we have preached to you, let him be anathema. As we said before, so now I say again: If any one preach to you a gospel, besides that which you have received, let him be anathema. For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? If I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ. - 1 Galatians 1:8-10

Many messages form this said 'apparition' and other unapproved messages, have tendencies to be erroneous, blasphemous and/or heretical. I have read messages that have supposedly had Mary, and the Trinity, saying things like: "There is one in this city who is a saint, who is not even Christian" or the generic ones like "Behold soon there will be floods, earthquakes, fires, wars, pestilence, famine, disease, etc." as if to describe every possible calamity, just to the 'visionary' could cover his/her butt.

There was one article that came out on the newadvent website just a while ago that was titled: "Medjugorje breeds just what the devil wants; disobedience".
(04-09-2011, 01:44 PM)Lavalliere Wrote: The biggest fraud in the church next to...well, never mind.

I think it is kept ongoing to feed the coffers of the government there.

The only thing I can say nice about it and the devotee fanatics, is that they are a well-organized bunch.  Wouldn't be surprised if a few of them registered here today just so that they can defend to the death their pet apparition.  They always seem to be waiting in the wings somewhere.  Then they spend untold amounts of time telling us all about the "fruits" of Medj.  Yes, fruits indeed!

Thank you for responding to my call.   :)

No doubt that the surrounding businesses and governments are greatly benefiting from this. Are there more pilgrims to Medjugorje than to Holy Land, Fatima, Lourdes, Vatican, or any approved sites? I wouldn't be surprised if that was so.
I don't think it's diabolical, just a fraud.
(04-09-2011, 01:39 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote: This vote is as one sided as a USSR election.

And yet the Truth isn't determined by plebiscite.
Along with the infamous late Cardinal Bernardin, a great devotee of Medjugorje was the late Hans Urs von Balthasar, infamous in his own way.

http://ministryvalues.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=962&Itemid=214

This blog has some good posts on Bayside of the Balkans.

http://unamsanctamcatholicam.blogspot.co...Medjugorje
(04-09-2011, 02:22 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote:
(04-09-2011, 01:39 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote: This vote is as one sided as a USSR election.

Contrary to popular belief. Unfortunately.
(04-09-2011, 02:31 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote:
(04-09-2011, 02:22 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote:

Contrary to popular belief. Unfortunately.

Indeed.