Poll: True or False
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Medjugorje
(04-09-2011, 11:26 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Either fake or satanic.

Yes.
yes, I recall a relation once telling me that the 'shrine' is on the site of a Serbian mass grave  - tens of thousands murdered by nazis and croats in WW2..
I could never understand why if it was Our Lady these messages came out whilst all around another raging war was going on Yugoslavia  - how would she calmly start speaking whilst thousands all around were being killed.
Apparently the ' messages ' have said things like , all religions are equal, all faiths are dear to my son, and follow me, i am the way and the truth -  from the Mother of God!
The acid test here surely is  - is it bringing the Church together  - the answer must be a resounding no  - its dividing catholic folk. I know people fervently pro and anti. Someone correct me here, but I dont think that was the case with the other official sites Fatima, Guadeloupe, Lourdes  - after some inital scepticsm they were approved. Medj. is on a completely different scale  - the fanaticism of some of them is dare I say uncatholic, and feely evangelical.
judging on certain contradictions between the visionaries, the fact that Mary said UFO's and aliens are real, and countless other things...I'd say that Medjugorje is fake or satanic
Since "Mary" said Jesus doesn't care what religion you are I would say it's diabolical.

It's so big and has been going on so long that I am inclined to think that there's a diabolical element to it. Michael Davies did an elaborate study of it, sorry I cannot give a link but it's easily found on the internet.
(04-09-2011, 01:54 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote:
(04-09-2011, 01:44 PM)Lavalliere Wrote: The biggest fraud in the church next to...well, never mind.

I think it is kept ongoing to feed the coffers of the government there.

The only thing I can say nice about it and the devotee fanatics, is that they are a well-organized bunch.  Wouldn't be surprised if a few of them registered here today just so that they can defend to the death their pet apparition.  They always seem to be waiting in the wings somewhere.  Then they spend untold amounts of time telling us all about the "fruits" of Medj.  Yes, fruits indeed!

Thank you for responding to my call.   :)

No doubt that the surrounding businesses and governments are greatly benefiting from this. Are there more pilgrims to Medjugorje than to Holy Land, Fatima, Lourdes, Vatican, or any approved sites? I wouldn't be surprised if that was so.

I was deployed to Bosnia for 11 months (from 1998 - 1999) and we went through Medjugorje often. There were some occasions where the whole city was crawling with people. I could not begin to estimate, but there were so many people, we had to turn around and find an alternate route because of security purposes.
(04-09-2011, 05:52 PM)EIRCOMNET Wrote: It's so big and has been going on so long that I am inclined to think that there's a diabolical element to it. Michael Davies did an elaborate study of it, sorry I cannot give a link but it's easily found on the internet.

http://www.mdaviesonmedj.com/
(04-09-2011, 05:29 PM)Petertherock Wrote: Since "Mary" said Jesus doesn't care what religion you are I would say it's diabolical.

You may be right. After thinking about it, and truly believing the seers are in this for profit, then yes, it's diabolical, or at least can be argued as such.
(04-09-2011, 05:29 PM)Petertherock Wrote: Since "Mary" said Jesus doesn't care what religion you are I would say it's diabolical.

Perhaps Jesus changed his mind, man.

Times have changed, you know? Even upstairs.
(04-09-2011, 06:21 PM)Dominus est Wrote:

You may be right. After thinking about it, and truly believing the seers are in this for profit, then yes, it's diabolical, or at least can be argued as such.

Yeah but isn't it true that all religions are equal? After all, who ever said we had to believe Jesus to be the Son of God, or be baptized in the name of the Trinity.  ;D