Major Schism in U.S. Catholic Church Underway
Whining cry babies.  Nothing different than Call to Action, and We are church.  Just added "Council" to the name.  No participation from actual bishops.  this will be a yawn.

More shocking is that the bishop of Detroit hasn't exommunicated the participating.  Well, not shocking, really.
(04-10-2011, 03:04 AM)HuskerTom Wrote: I, too, agree.  The sooner the schism happens, the better the Church will be in the long run, IMHO.  I can't tell you how many Catholics I know who abstain from meat on Fridays yet skip Mass on Sundays.  It's such a sad time in which we live....I blame technology.

No, I don't want this schism. I am quite upset that there are some who believe this might really happen. The implications are huge. Naturally, I will stay with Rome, until it preaches "another Gospel," but our liberal brothers and sisters or those who are lukewarm will have less of an opportunity to learn from traditionalist priests and laity if they go to schismatic churches. I am concerned about the confusion of the faithful, the loss of priests and sacraments, and the distribution of Church properties. At the same time, it never ceases to amaze me how even educated priests and laity can fall for such an obvious satanic scheme. Gotta wonder how many Masons are behind this...
(04-10-2011, 02:00 AM)Virgil the Roman Wrote: http://www.dioceseofscranton.org/2011/04...ael-voris/

Apparently, Voris is being by Scranton's diocese, for actually preaching the orthodox Catholic faith! God forbid, he should actually follow the orthodox and traditional teachings of the Holy Roman Church; teaching them as they really are: obligatory!  :o

Pennsylvania: cool Trads, crazy Bishops!
Truly humbled, if I indeed, am to be counted amongst the "cool Trads,"  Bak.                      :tiphat:
(04-10-2011, 02:00 AM)Virgil the Roman Wrote: Apparently, Voris is being . . . [banned from] Scranton's diocese, for actually preaching the orthodox Catholic faith! God forbid, he should actually follow the orthodox and traditional teachings of the Holy Roman Church; teaching them as they really are: obligatory!  :o

Hmm... preaching... yeah, I don't think it's the job of laymen to preach, even if Voris is really saying all the right things. I don't know why he doesn't seek orders as a deacon if he wants to stay on this line of work.
(04-10-2011, 08:44 PM)Virgil the Roman Wrote: Truly humbled, if I indeed, am to be counted amongst the "cool Trads,"  Bak.                       :tiphat:

your certificate of authenticity is inna mail.... or not.......
I used "preaching" for lack of a better term.  A more prudent phrase would be "speaking out."  If the building's on fire one doesn't ask permission from one's superior's to announce that there's something wrong and to help person reach safety; or to help put out the faith.  Likewise, he is speaking out, because far too many bishops cannot, will not, refuse or afraid to speak up---or otherwise do their job in proclaiming the pure, unadulterated orthodox Traditional Roman Catholic faith.
(04-10-2011, 10:05 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: [.....] or not.......

Fail.
(04-10-2011, 10:26 PM)Virgil the Roman Wrote:
(04-10-2011, 10:05 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: [.....] or not.......

Fail.

Well I dont even have your mailing address after all! I'll have to hand deliver it!  :laughing: :P
(04-09-2011, 08:53 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: Interesting.  I don't think as much of it will come as the writer seems to think - open and declared rupture, but it's a bad thing nevertheless.

Judging by their forum, its not even going to amount to a flash in the pan. This thing is going nowhere.