Major Schism in U.S. Catholic Church Underway
(04-12-2011, 01:41 PM)vakarian Wrote: This schism does need to happen, and the sooner the better. Why stop the chaff from willingly separating itself from the wheat?

When the chips are down towards the End of All Things, and the faithful reunite under one banner as one flock under the Good Shepherd, the 'American Catholic Church' will likely be amongst the damned.

Personally, I'd rather see people who are not faithful to Church teachings be excommunicated, PUBLICLY & LOUDLY, their names appearing in all newspapers in the land, to be read by all of the Catholic laity, all Protestants, etc. However, the hierarchy in this country isn't going to do that & there are WAY to many for the Pope to deal with & he'd have to start with our hierarchy. I can't tell you how anxiously I waited for Bishop O'Malley to excommunicate Ted Kennedy.  ::)

Then, of course, there is Nancy Pelosi who made these remarks in 2,008, when questioned about her stance on Abortion:

“I would say that as an ardent, practicing Catholic, this is an issue that I have studied for a long time,” said Pelosi.  “And what I know is, over the centuries, the doctors of the church have not been able to make that definition.  And Senator--St. Augustine said at three months.  We don't know. The point is, is that it shouldn’t have an impact on the woman’s right to choose"

She is part of the Archdiocese of San Francisco &, if anyone thinks that the Archbishop George Niederauer, is going to excommunicate her, they're wrong. Now, if she asked for definite, fixed hours set aside for the Sacrament of Confession every week THAT might do it. 
  :censored:......

Messages In This Thread
Re: Major Schism in U.S. Catholic Church Underway - by JoniCath - 04-12-2011, 02:10 PM