Trad Chick wants to kick arse
(04-12-2011, 09:34 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: If I'm going to get myself shot or beat up, I just want it to be because of me.   :laughing:

You could take one for the team, though.

You know, Christian brotherhood and all.
(04-12-2011, 09:46 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(04-12-2011, 09:34 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: If I'm going to get myself shot or beat up, I just want it to be because of me.   :laughing:

You could take one for the team, though.

You know, Christian brotherhood and all.

If it were drawing swords on a diocese and cleaning out the Modernists, I'd do it.  A pic on a forum ain't worth it.
The problem is showing videos and pictures of burning Korans doesn't really gain anything in the end with the muzzies and really just brings out the caveman in most of them.

Although I am very critical of Islamic influence in the West and the U.S. in particular, I am very leery of this "Koran burning" nonsense, I just don't see the rational or positive effect of burning other religions holy texts except to enrage it's adherents or for the "shock value" of the process. You don't win people over or get their respect by mocking or shitting on something they hold dearly to like a holy book or worldview. People will follow at least perceived strength and noble thought and actions not ridicule and antagonizing.

Also, this whole belief that "It's my right" to partake in these demonstrations is refelective of this childish notion with Americans that they have a right to do anything no matter how disrespectful and outrageous. Of course this crosses into many other social issues like Abortion and "gay rights". And like Quis indicated, if you're going to incite someone or a certain group you better be ready to take ownership of your action or be ready to deal with the consequences. If I decide to publicly burn a figure of MLK in effigy I better be prepared to answer for the oncoming backlash from the black community and not hide behind my "right" to do it, which may be the case, but not going to help you when the time comes.

In the end I just don't believe Koran-burning helps our cause as Americans or Catholics. This country sh*ts on religion as it is, burning the Muslim text just ups the ante.
Couldn't agree with you more Alaric.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(04-12-2011, 09:45 PM)Heinrich Wrote:
(04-12-2011, 09:42 PM)Virgil the Roman Wrote: This is one of the few "metal bands" whose lyrics, I can stand.  
[video=youtube]

[/video]

As per a friend's counsel, I am trying my best to divest myself of my metal, hard rock, and generally most rock.  Journey is the exception to this purge. I am shifting to Classical Music and more TSO-esque music; along with, Gregorian chant and Palestrina. :)

I did this under my confessor's counsel and I am much more at peace. I agree with the Journey retention, too.

And if you grew up in the 80s and played sports, this was on your Memorex cassette tape:

My pastor is a huge Journey fan. He goes to all their concerts.
SCG: Nice!  :)
Oh, I'm feelin' so eighties all  of a sudden!  :)
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
(04-13-2011, 01:05 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: Oh, I'm feelin' so eighties all  of a sudden!  :)

Well show only the best 80s montages if you do! :D
I do agree that it's imprudent to make a show of burning the Qur'an, but in and of itself -- and done privately -- there's nothing wrong with it*.  I know that in today's day and age, not much will be accomplished by burning it (as there are so many copies around the world, as well as it being digitially available online), but it's not a book to give to your 'seeking' friend.  Better to burn it than to have it fall into the hands of some susceptible person.

* "The Church has always taken action to destroy the plague of bad books" (Pope Gregory XVI, Mirari Vos, n. 16): http://www.papalencyclicals.net/Greg16/g16mirar.htm
Yep