Trad Chick wants to kick arse
(04-10-2011, 05:58 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(04-10-2011, 05:02 PM)St. Drogo Wrote: She also seems to be more of an Americanist than a Catholic.

As American citizens, we have secular and civil rights; we also have the right to a sovereign nation and the right to defend it (in a just war).  As Catholics, we have the God-given right to free speech to promote the True Faith and to argue against false religions.

Because she uses the Constitution to talk about her rights as an American and a Catholic doesn't mean she's an Americanist.  The Popes have made clear it is the duty of the Catholic state to protect the rights of the Church and her members in exercising their religion and, when necessary, to impose constraints on false religions. 
My issue with her is invoking the language of the constitution as "divine rights." We have a God given right and even duty to do all of the things you say, that's true. But freedom of religion, freedom of speech, etc... are not divine rights. I can't imagine any saints behaving as she has done. I enjoy watching a koran burn as much as anyone, but I think she could have done it in a less smug manner if that makes sense.
(04-10-2011, 03:33 PM)Heinrich Wrote: She very well be from CO, but single?

She might be a forum member for all we know.  Post your stats in the matchmaking threads!
(04-10-2011, 05:59 PM)St. Drogo Wrote:
(04-10-2011, 05:02 PM)St. Drogo Wrote: She also seems to be more of an Americanist than a Catholic.

As American citizens, we have secular and civil rights; we also have the right to a sovereign nation and the right to defend it (in a just war).  As Catholics, we have the God-given right to free speech to promote the True Faith and to argue against false religions.

Because she uses the Constitution to talk about her rights as an American and a Catholic doesn't mean she's an Americanist.  The Popes have made clear it is the duty of the Catholic state to protect the rights of the Church and her members in exercising their religion and, when necessary, to impose constraints on false religions. 
My issue with her is invoking the language of the constitution as "divine rights."

Government is supplied by God, even pagan or theist government such as Rome or the US.  The rights extended to the citizenry ultimately are rights given by God that go to free will, due worship, etc.  Because those rights are abused to protect false worship, lying, etc., doesn't mean they're not Divinely authored.
(04-10-2011, 06:01 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:

My issue with her is invoking the language of the constitution as "divine rights."

Government is supplied by God, even pagan or theist government such as Rome or the US.  The rights extended to the citizenry ultimately are rights given by God that go to free will, due worship, etc.  Because those rights are abused to protect false worship, lying, etc., doesn't mean they're not Divinely authored.
So the "Syllabus of Errors" is wrong?
(04-10-2011, 06:07 PM)St. Drogo Wrote:

No, because while it's clear you see a contradiction, there isn't one.  The Church isn't anti-government nor anti-rights.  Governments should be Catholic and the rights given by God are those that are moral and further the faith when properly used.
I love her!!! She inspires me to burn a Koran myself! Maybe I will go to the Somali area of Portland and do it hahaha!! I could video tape my suicide since that's what it would be! Seriously though...I find her to be my kind of woman!!
(04-10-2011, 06:13 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(04-10-2011, 06:07 PM)St. Drogo Wrote:

No, because while it's clear you see a contradiction, there isn't one.  The Church isn't anti-government nor anti-rights.  Governments should be Catholic and the rights given by God are those that are moral and further the faith when properly used.
I agree with you in substance. All I'm saying is that the right (as opposed to freedom) to adhere to a false religion is not a divinely authored right. Her behavior--not the act of burning the Koran or expressing the falsity of the Mohammedan religion in itself--is an unbecoming example for a Christian. Burn a koran and post a video of it if you discern that it is for the greater glory of God, but don't do it in such an undignified and complacent fashion. "Speak not any thing rashly, and let not thy heart be hasty to utter a word before God. For God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few."
Clearly she's not a trad, else she should be in the kitchen cooking something, not making videos.
Meh, I'm not too hot on the whole Koran burning thing.  Seems to be for attention more than anything else.  Besides that, if a person really wants to convert and evangelize burning the "holy book" of one of the largest groups of infidels is the quickest way to piss them off, not convert them.

It would be better to pray for them.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
This woman looks and sounds like a cult member. Ideology isn't pretty.
Credo Wrote:What a rube.