Trad Chick wants to kick arse
Everyone loves r take at Francis and pubhim into this buvindoubt he would be opposed to burning korans
since we r on the saints. Here's one
stt Bernard of clairveux. Last father of the  church, doctor of the church has morethen a few things to say about mohamadans and what to donwith them. One thing I thing i think is a good point her is st bernsrd spoke about killing mohamadans not as a homicide (killing men) but as a malicide (killing evil). He articulated the  charasm of crusade the psalter in one hand and sword in another.
So next time any choke up and tear ove some korans being burned know your crusader history
Deus Vult!!

Not everyone is called to dance through the tulips seeking converts. Some are but this lass early isn't.
That's ok
we r all called to engage the enemy. She throws bacon on the floor God forbid. I'm sure this afternoon some Christian heads rolls on some floors due to being choped off by mohamadans
so
I like bacon sure
but I see nothing wrog her approach. Noneveryone is called tonthe same apporach
Another quote from Ecclesiastes:
Be not quickly angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of a fool

and
The perverse are hard to be corrected and the number of fools is infinite.
So r  u calling this girl a fool?
Burning Korans is fine, but redundant.

I think she should burn the Talmud.

If she did that she would go from being controversial to being an untouchable.
How true. Thogh last time I went though the states I so remember flyers for burn a cathokic bible nights. And I've burned a few king ja es in ny day.  I have  also burned a satanic bible, and te memoirs of trudeu
ah
thing is sent her a mail and suggest a Tamie burnig or bunr one yourself and post a vid. No one is stopping you
go for it
(04-10-2011, 07:58 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: I have  also burned a satanic bible, and te memoirs of trudeu

Wait...those aren't the same thing?
I wouldn't burn a Koran because it doesn't accomplish what I want to accomplish: suppression of false religions and conversions to the faith.

She's making a political statement, not a religious one.  In this context, it's appropriate, although I wouldn't say it's prudent.

It gets confused specifically because of what she said: it's not a religion anymore as much as a totalitarian manifesto that abuses Christians, women, etc.  Islam has pretty much morphed from a false religion to a tool of tyrannical dictators.  Not everywhere, of course.  There are still "noble" Muslims that are religious, try to follow the rules, don't want to kill non-believers at the drop of a hat, etc., but they're not the ones running the show.

The Koran has become political propaganda both by Islamic dictators and the American politicians.  She was burning it for the purpose of saying to politicans, "I have a right to do this."

As a religious statement it's a bad idea; as a political one, it's appropriate but I would argue imprudent.  The problem that comes from this is she, and her viewers, mix the two as is the wont of the totalitarian Islamists.  She makes a political speech and then criticizes the religious text.  Bad idea.  The Church burned books in areas they controlled for the purpose of stopping them from spreading; the Church didn't burn books as a statement.  It was utilitarian.  Burning books as a political statement is Protestant in origin.

Burn it, if you want, but burn it as a statement of free speech, not as a religious statement, and definitely don't mix them.  Clarity in statements is important for two reasons: 1) people understand you, 2) your enemies can't twist things as easily.

I applaud her for standing up what is right, for standing up for rights, for standing against a false religion.  But the methods she chose probably aren't the best.  If she took the burning out, I'd give her 5 stars plus a big X on her cheek and an O around her neck for calling Neo-Con Graham a jackass.  As it is, it's good political entertainment just like listening to Savage - it will fire up the existing base; it won't do much else.  Even if the leftists agree with her on the free speech, they're not going to admit she's right.  They'll call her a hater for burning the Koran and then go to the art show with Mary sculpted in elephant dung.  You know, business as usual.
Memoirs of Trudeau. Very humorous.

Okay, but only on condition that you do so first. Post a vid and upload it to YouTube, with yourself in full view and unmasked, burning the Talmud. And identify yourself: name and general location. Then I will do it.
(04-10-2011, 08:06 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: I wouldn't burn a Koran because it doesn't accomplish what I want to accomplish: suppression of false religions and conversions to the faith.

She's making a political statement, not a religious one.  In this context, it's appropriate, although I wouldn't say it's prudent.

It gets confused specifically because of what she said: it's not a religion anymore as much as a totalitarian manifesto that abuses Christians, women, etc.  Islam has pretty much morphed from a false religion to a tool of tyrannical dictators.  Not everywhere, of course.  There are still "noble" Muslims that are religious, try to follow the rules, don't want to kill non-believers at the drop of a hat, etc., but they're not the ones running the show.

The Koran has become political propaganda both by Islamic dictators and the American politicians.  She was burning it for the purpose of saying to politicans, "I have a right to do this."

As a religious statement it's a bad idea; as a political one, it's appropriate but I would argue imprudent.  The problem that comes from this is she, and her viewers, mix the two as is the wont of the totalitarian Islamists.  She makes a political speech and then criticizes the religious text.  Bad idea.  The Church burned books in areas they controlled for the purpose of stopping them from spreading; the Church didn't burn books as a statement.  It was utilitarian.  Burning books as a political statement is Protestant in origin.

Burn it, if you want, but burn it as a statement of free speech, not as a religious statement, and definitely don't mix them.  Clarity in statements is important for two reasons: 1) people understand you, 2) your enemies can't twist things as easily.

I applaud her for standing up what is right, for standing up for rights, for standing against a false religion.  But the methods she chose probably aren't the best.  If she took the burning out, I'd give her 5 stars plus a big X on her cheek and an O around her neck for calling Neo-Con Graham a jackass.  As it is, it's good political entertainment just like listening to Savage - it will fire up the existing base; it won't do much else.  Even if the leftists agree with her on the free speech, they're not going to admit she's right.  They'll call her a hater for burning the Koran and then go to the art show with Mary sculpted in elephant dung.  You know, business as usual.

+1