Trad Chick wants to kick arse
Yep. Also it should be noted individual cstholics were told by the church to burn king James bibles if one was given to us or we found one or whatever.
It's obvious why. But I have no ppm with this lass.  Keep it up. Maybe the next vid she will be more clear.
And pheo LOL
(04-10-2011, 08:06 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: I wouldn't burn a Koran because it doesn't accomplish what I want to accomplish: suppression of false religions and conversions to the faith.

She's making a political statement, not a religious one.  In this context, it's appropriate, although I wouldn't say it's prudent.

It gets confused specifically because of what she said: it's not a religion anymore as much as a totalitarian manifesto that abuses Christians, women, etc.  Islam has pretty much morphed from a false religion to a tool of tyrannical dictators.  Not everywhere, of course.  There are still "noble" Muslims that are religious, try to follow the rules, don't want to kill non-believers at the drop of a hat, etc., but they're not the ones running the show.

The Koran has become political propaganda both by Islamic dictators and the American politicians.  She was burning it for the purpose of saying to politicans, "I have a right to do this."

As a religious statement it's a bad idea; as a political one, it's appropriate but I would argue imprudent.  The problem that comes from this is she, and her viewers, mix the two as is the wont of the totalitarian Islamists.  She makes a political speech and then criticizes the religious text.  Bad idea.  The Church burned books in areas they controlled for the purpose of stopping them from spreading; the Church didn't burn books as a statement.  It was utilitarian.  Burning books as a political statement is Protestant in origin.

Burn it, if you want, but burn it as a statement of free speech, not as a religious statement, and definitely don't mix them.  Clarity in statements is important for two reasons: 1) people understand you, 2) your enemies can't twist things as easily.

I applaud her for standing up what is right, for standing up for rights, for standing against a false religion.  But the methods she chose probably aren't the best.  If she took the burning out, I'd give her 5 stars plus a big X on her cheek and an O around her neck for calling Neo-Con Graham a jackass.  As it is, it's good political entertainment just like listening to Savage - it will fire up the existing base; it won't do much else.  Even if the leftists agree with her on the free speech, they're not going to admit she's right.  They'll call her a hater for burning the Koran and then go to the art show with Mary sculpted in elephant dung.  You know, business as usual.

The segment of Islam she's standing up against has no distinction between religion and politics... In fact they happily use their religion for their own political agenda. It happens in every
Islamic society. Every one of them...

And as for the US politicians she's calling out, I really don't think they care. She's not going to make anyone cry. Because if it gets any attention at all, the media will make her out to be a fool.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
Mohamadanism has no distinction between them period. We all mist stand up against mohamadanism entirely the whole enchalida
I think it's a good deal. Maybe you need time to think about it?
(04-10-2011, 08:17 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: The segment of Islam she's standing up against has no distinction between religion and politics...

There's no distinction between religion and politics in the system devised by Mohammed. Islam is purely theocratical in nature with no distinction between civil and religious power. It's all the same.

In Catholicism there's a distinction between the lay and the religious, between civil and religious power. But at the same time, and contrary to secularist doctrine, we should observe that the civil power must respect and be subordinate to the laws of God.
(04-10-2011, 08:17 PM)Jacafamala Wrote:
(04-10-2011, 08:06 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: I wouldn't burn a Koran because it doesn't accomplish what I want to accomplish: suppression of false religions and conversions to the faith.

She's making a political statement, not a religious one.  In this context, it's appropriate, although I wouldn't say it's prudent.

It gets confused specifically because of what she said: it's not a religion anymore as much as a totalitarian manifesto that abuses Christians, women, etc.  Islam has pretty much morphed from a false religion to a tool of tyrannical dictators.  Not everywhere, of course.  There are still "noble" Muslims that are religious, try to follow the rules, don't want to kill non-believers at the drop of a hat, etc., but they're not the ones running the show.

The Koran has become political propaganda both by Islamic dictators and the American politicians.  She was burning it for the purpose of saying to politicans, "I have a right to do this."

As a religious statement it's a bad idea; as a political one, it's appropriate but I would argue imprudent.  The problem that comes from this is she, and her viewers, mix the two as is the wont of the totalitarian Islamists.  She makes a political speech and then criticizes the religious text.  Bad idea.  The Church burned books in areas they controlled for the purpose of stopping them from spreading; the Church didn't burn books as a statement.  It was utilitarian.  Burning books as a political statement is Protestant in origin.

Burn it, if you want, but burn it as a statement of free speech, not as a religious statement, and definitely don't mix them.  Clarity in statements is important for two reasons: 1) people understand you, 2) your enemies can't twist things as easily.

I applaud her for standing up what is right, for standing up for rights, for standing against a false religion.  But the methods she chose probably aren't the best.  If she took the burning out, I'd give her 5 stars plus a big X on her cheek and an O around her neck for calling Neo-Con Graham a jackass.  As it is, it's good political entertainment just like listening to Savage - it will fire up the existing base; it won't do much else.  Even if the leftists agree with her on the free speech, they're not going to admit she's right.  They'll call her a hater for burning the Koran and then go to the art show with Mary sculpted in elephant dung.  You know, business as usual.

The segment of Islam she's standing up against has no distinction between religion and politics... In fact they happily use their religion for their own political agenda. It happens in every
Islamic society. Every one of them...

And as for the US politicians she's calling out, I really don't think they care. She's not going to make anyone cry. Because if it gets any attention at all, the media will make her out to be a fool.

Maybe if more people stood up against the bs, they would listen.  Sometimes you need to stand up, even if you start alone.  We need some guts in this country before they start handing out no go lands for sharia like they have in England and France.  It's going to happen if no one stands up.  You don't agree with the way she did it.  Ok, how would you do it?
I need time to think about genuis. I'm  a catholic mhamadanism is my enemy
Huh, I thought I knew every trad in Northern Colorado, but maybe she's from the Colorado Springs area.
Miss Ann can't be an Americanist because she lives in America.  The Americanist heresy was a European affair, mostly centered in France.

And the bacon in the Koran was a key part.

Vetus, I think she is quite wealthy.  And a challenge.  Send her an email.
I love being an American. I think it's a great government. Better than anything out there right now, but The Constitution is not a Catholic document. We are not BOUND by it. This video sounds so Protestestant. The City on the Hill and all that. We don't live in a perfect government,  just the best right now.

As to burning the Koran -- Is this the best way to convert Muslims? Because isn't that what we wish to do as Catholics? We want to spread the TRUTH. We want people to go to heaven. Is burning the Koran the best way to do this? Even if it's allowed, is it the ideal thing to do? Is this what St.. Ignatius would have done? etc.

Colleen