New "catechism" promotes contraception
As if things at WYD weren't bad enough, apparently every pilgrim will get a copy of this "catechism".

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/w...gle+Reader

No surprises to see who oversaw it (yes, I'm looking in your direction Cardinal Schonborn)

I pray that it is all a mistranslation.

Blessings,
Pray
Steve
Yet the SSPX are the schismatics...
According to moral theology, one who has the power to stop an evil but does not, becomes responsible for it.  Benedict XVI could stop all of the abuses and sacrelige.... if he wanted to.  He doesn't want to.  That means he's responsible for it.  Hopefully people will wake up and start to realize that instead of making constant excuses for the revolutionary.
That should be one rowdy press conference on Wednesday!
(04-11-2011, 10:39 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: That should be one rowdy press conference on Wednesday!

I think rowdy is an understatement
Yes, a new catechism with a trendy title like 'YouCat' is precisely what the Church needed now.

You see, young people are stupid, so they need things spelled out in vague terms with just enough heterodoxy to keep things interesting.  It's the new springtime, and things smell rank great!
I can kind of understand their "translation" argument and I want to give the Vatican the benefit of the doubt...

But how difficult is it to translate the word "no?" Or "Contraception is evil?"
"YouCat": Because it's all about YOU!
(04-11-2011, 10:54 PM)Pheo Wrote: Yes, a new catechism with a trendy title like 'YouCat' is precisely what the Church needed now.

You see, young people are stupid, so they need things spelled out in vague terms with just enough heterodoxy to keep things interesting.  It's the new springtime, and things smell rank great!

*Insert person dancing in flowers with butterflies emoticon here*
Apparently Ann burned the wrong book in her video.