New "catechism" promotes contraception
I told you +Schoenborn was heterodox.  Thanks for posting this.  Hadn't seen it till now.
(04-11-2011, 11:12 PM)damooster Wrote: I want to give the Vatican the benefit of the doubt...
We shouldn't have to!
Here's an idea for the hierarchy: Teach the Faith.

There are few things more effective in scaring away younger people than the aged trying to act cool.  Indeed, I'm pretty sure it is a sin against nature.  It is so patronizing and insulting - and hypocritical since the modernistic on one hand essentially cede the power of their offices to serve as an authority but on the other hand still want to enjoy the benefits.

Baltimore Catechism is pretty easy to read and a million times clearer than the 1994 Catechism or this 'YouCat' nonsense.
What's so surprising about this?

It's about time these people get in line with the 7th Lambeth Conference.
Let us do penance as reparation for the scandal this causes and ask God to bring out a greater good.
  Pray
I am starting to rethink my position on starting a new crusades against the Muzzies...I think the new crusades needs to be against the Church in Rome. Rome truly has lost the faith.

(04-12-2011, 06:25 AM)Stevo Wrote:
(04-12-2011, 06:15 AM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: I'm going thru Baltimore Catechism #0 with my 7 yr old preparing him for his first communion and it's jarring in its directness. Commit a mortal sin, and you go to hell unless you go to confession. Pretty basic stuff. Fundamental stuff. Seems like an easy answer. Is contraception a moral sin? Yes, as per Casti Conubii and Humanae Vitae. Use it and you go to hell unless you go to confession.

But you can't say things like that.  What if you offend someone?  Now that is the real mortal sin in the Church these days.

Well I'll stick around FE and my TLM where folks aren't offended by it then!

(04-12-2011, 12:57 PM)Petertherock Wrote: I am starting to rethink my position on starting a new crusades against the Muzzies...I think the new crusades needs to be against the Church in Rome. Rome truly has lost the faith.

Based on one news report of one translation of one catechism, Rome has lost the faith?
(04-12-2011, 01:03 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote:
(04-12-2011, 06:25 AM)Stevo Wrote:
(04-12-2011, 06:15 AM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: I'm going thru Baltimore Catechism #0 with my 7 yr old preparing him for his first communion and it's jarring in its directness. Commit a mortal sin, and you go to hell unless you go to confession. Pretty basic stuff. Fundamental stuff. Seems like an easy answer. Is contraception a moral sin? Yes, as per Casti Conubii and Humanae Vitae. Use it and you go to hell unless you go to confession.

But you can't say things like that.  What if you offend someone?  Now that is the real mortal sin in the Church these days.

Well I'll stick around FE and my TLM where folks aren't offended by it then!

(04-12-2011, 12:57 PM)Petertherock Wrote: I am starting to rethink my position on starting a new crusades against the Muzzies...I think the new crusades needs to be against the Church in Rome. Rome truly has lost the faith.

Based on one news report of one translation of one catechism, Rome has lost the faith?

Thank you, I see a lot of jumping to conclusions here. Can't we wait until we have all of the info. When I first read the article, I thought,  knowing the history of Cardinal Schönborn, I'll wager that the Pope went over it with a fine tooth comb & found some "mistakes"......thus the "mistranslation" remark.  Remember that just a couple of weeks ago, the new document re. Summorum Pontificum had to be delayed because of "mistakes.

(04-12-2011, 01:03 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: Based on one news report of one translation of one catechism, Rome has lost the faith?

If it were just this catechism, things would be fine.
While I am aware that not everyone is as old as I am, I do wonder where they have been the past fifty years.

I wish it was just a section in one catechism as well.