New "catechism" promotes contraception
(04-12-2011, 01:36 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(04-12-2011, 01:03 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: Based on one news report of one translation of one catechism, Rome has lost the faith?

If it were just this catechism, things would be fine.

Exactly. Do I have to post some infamous pictures of Popes Koran kissing and praying with heretics again? Or all the "Messes" with clowns and EMHC's dressed as devils and other creatures as well as immodest dancing and every other kind of liturgical abuse?

(04-12-2011, 10:44 AM)Vincentius Wrote:  

What about this from the Italian version (straight from the horse's mouth:

Question 420 in the Italian language edition states:

“Q. Puo una coppia christiana fare ricorso ai metodi anticoncezionali?” (Can a Christian couple have recourse to contraceptive methods?)

“A. Si, una coppia cristiana puo e deve essere responsabile nella sua facolta di poter donare la vita.” (Yes, a Christian couple can and should be responsible in its faculty of being able to give life).

Only God can give life. 

What is the YC talking about?   This is heresy, the formal kind, bad as it is. 

And they're saying, "Wait and see (for the final versionb) before jumping into conclusion?   

This is what I meant when I said the quote hasn't been verified.  The CNA has been known to misquote inadvertently.  The Vatican spokesperson stated he hasn't seen it.  Personally, I'm going to wait until I see a Vatican issued statement with the quote and more verbiage on the translation.

.... and if it is a bunk translation, I hope they pull the Italian YouCat translation from publication.

I'm also seeing a trend that misquotes seem to occur prior to a new publication to garnish media attention - as an example, PBXVIs last book.

Edit: PBXVI
" Those who have denied the fruit of love see the children at window panes, looking in , denied wombs and bosoms .... ( this is ) a personal hell."
Bishop Sheen - Your Life is Worth Living - p.322.
The article only states that the Italian edition has that passage. The English does not have it, and possibly none of the other language editions either.

Quote:Vatican sources who spoke to CNA April 11 on the condition of anonymity speculated that the problem was in the original German text, a fact that was later confirmed by CNA.

“YouCat” is to be published in 12 additional languages. The English edition, published by Ignatius Press, does not contain the problematic language. It is not yet known if other language versions also contain the same controversial statement on contraception.
(04-12-2011, 01:56 PM)Petertherock Wrote:
(04-12-2011, 01:03 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: Based on one news report of one translation of one catechism, Rome has lost the faith?

Exactly. Do I have to post some infamous pictures of Popes Koran kissing and praying with heretics again? Or all the "Messes" with clowns and EMHC's dressed as devils and other creatures as well as immodest dancing and every other kind of liturgical abuse?

Yes, Peter, you have to do this. Just be careful though or folks will mistake you for Pedro. Peter, Pedro, it's confusing. 

Seriously though I've never heard of EMHC's dressed as demons. 
(04-12-2011, 06:00 PM)ecclesiastes Wrote: The article only states that the Italian edition has that passage. The English does not have it, and possibly none of the other language editions either.

Quote:Vatican sources who spoke to CNA April 11 on the condition of anonymity speculated that the problem was in the original German text, a fact that was later confirmed by CNA.

“YouCat” is to be published in 12 additional languages. The English edition, published by Ignatius Press, does not contain the problematic language. It is not yet known if other language versions also contain the same controversial statement on contraception.

So, what makes it OK for the Italians?  Huh?
(04-12-2011, 06:38 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: Seriously though I've never heard of EMHC's dressed as demons. 

It was a "Halloween Mass"

[Image: 231_HalloweenMass01.jpg]

[Image: 231_HalloweenMass03.jpg]

[Image: 231_HalloweenMass04.jpg]

[Image: 231_HalloweenMass05.jpg]

[Image: 231_HalloweenMass06.jpg]

And there is a video...

(04-12-2011, 06:46 PM)dymphna17 Wrote:
(04-12-2011, 06:00 PM)ecclesiastes Wrote: The article only states that the Italian edition has that passage. The English does not have it, and possibly none of the other language editions either.

So, what makes it OK for the Italians?  Huh?

It means the Italians have crap translators. Probably the Pope will order them drawn and quartered to set an example.

Rorate Caeli reports:

http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2011/04...icial.html

CNA and EWTN News reported this morning that question 420 in the Italian, Q&A-format YOUCAT, slated for release on April 13, states:

“Q. Puo una coppia christiana fare ricorso ai metodi anticoncezionali?” (Can a Christian couple have recourse to contraceptive methods?)

“A. Si, una coppia cristiana puo e deve essere responsabile nella sua facolta di poter donare la vita.” (Yes, a Christian couple can and should be responsible in its faculty of being able to give life).

In the English version, however, question 420 reads:

Q. May a Christian married couple regulate the number of children they have?

A. Yes, a Christian married couple may and should be responsible in using the gift and privilege of transmitting life. [2368–2369, 2399]

While CNA reported that Vatican sources speaking on condition of anonymity had speculated that the original German (written by Christoph Cardinal Schonborn -- Pascal) might be to blame, Ignatius Press President Mark Brumley contradicted this statement. Ignatius Press is responsible for putting out the English-language edition of YOUCAT.

Brumley told LifeSiteNews that he did not recall any problems with the original German text. He noted that with all translations it is common to have an “editorial back and forth”; however, neither he nor his staff recall such over Question 420.

On the Ignatius Insight blog Brumley wrote: “The problem did not originate with the German text - at least not if the Italian translation is based on the same German text as that on which Ignatius Press based its translation. The German text of question 420 asks whether a Christian married couple may regulate the number of children they have. It does not ask whether the couple may use methods of contraception.”
OK Pete I believe ya now, post no more! That is truly evil.
(04-12-2011, 01:56 PM)Petertherock Wrote:

well... i haven't seen them...

And now I have