New "catechism" promotes contraception
How could anyone be distributing the Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ while dressed as Satan? The NO is truly an evil religion.
(04-12-2011, 07:29 PM)Petertherock Wrote: How could anyone be distributing the Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ while dressed as Satan? The NO is truly an evil religion.

Maybe this is splitting hairs, but I'd say these devilish folks are modernists. The problem is that the NO has thrown open the door to this kind of thing, which would conceivably never have occurred in a TLM environment. But, rubrically, they still shouldn't be doing it, even within the NO.
(04-12-2011, 07:29 PM)Petertherock Wrote: How could anyone be distributing the Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ while dressed as Satan?

I have serious doubts that Christ would be sacramentally present in that travesty.
(04-12-2011, 07:36 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(04-12-2011, 07:29 PM)Petertherock Wrote: How could anyone be distributing the Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ while dressed as Satan?

I have serious doubts that Christ would be sacramentally present in that travesty.

The even sadder thing is; He might.
(04-12-2011, 08:42 PM)dymphna17 Wrote:

I can't see how the priest who celebrated this "mass" could possibly have the right intention.
(04-12-2011, 01:46 PM)Lavalliere Wrote: While I am aware that not everyone is as old as I am, I do wonder where they have been the past fifty years.

I wish it was just a section in one catechism as well.

Indeed. These are my sentiments, too, as I skim this thread and, sometimes, even this forum.

Nevertheless, I must admit that I am still angered by seeing these atrocities and scandals. As I read, I must confess that I snatched a pen that was sitting on the desk and gripped it so hard I almost snapped it in half with my hand.

>sad
(04-12-2011, 07:34 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote:
(04-12-2011, 07:29 PM)Petertherock Wrote: How could anyone be distributing the Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ while dressed as Satan? The NO is truly an evil religion.

Maybe this is splitting hairs, but I'd say these devilish folks are modernists.

The Novus Ordo itself is Modernist. It was born from Modernist principles, which were solemnly condemned by the Church, and proves its heretical origin with each passing day. The fruit is merely the byproduct of the seed.
Did you guys read the same article I did? It clearly states that the problem is in the original German text, not in any translation.

Anyway, there is no way this is a mistranslation. Read what it says: Q. Can a Christian couple have recourse to contraceptive methods? A. Yes, a Christian couple can and should be responsible in its faculty of being able to give life. If that is a mistranslation, then the text was too ambiguous. It should say: Contraception is wrong, but a couple is allowed to use natural methods to avoid conception via periodic abstinence, if need arises. Not: yes, contraception is even a duty!

That Cardinal Schonborn would try to pull this does not surprise me. What is surprising and scandalous is that he would get away with it.

(By the way, I think a 'catechism' for youth is not a bad idea. What is wrong is trying to be trendy.)
(04-12-2011, 08:42 PM)dymphna17 Wrote:

This is always my thought too.
I'm so sick of this crap.  I'm not surprised by Schonborn, but how the hell is this getting through?  All of Rome has this on their hands.