New "catechism" promotes contraception
Told you so. 
This is nothing but another ambiguous churchspeak.  Why are there two different versions (Italian and English) of Question 420?  What is the Deutch version? 

The Italian version (quoted earlier) is not what the purported English version says.  Okay, if you don't know Italian, then the English "translation" is what it says: 

“Q. Puo una coppia christiana fare ricorso ai metodi anticoncezionali?"

"Q. May a Christian married couple regulate the number of children they have?"

So, stupid Catholics are given pablum. 

Answer:

“A. Si, una coppia cristiana puo e deve essere responsabile nella sua facolta di poter donare la vita.”  This is the correct translation of the Italian.

"A. Yes, a Christian married couple may and should be responsible in using the gift and privilege of transmitting life. [2368–2369, 2399]"  Wrong  translation. 

Besides, this is not what the Catholic faith teaches about "regulating" and "responsibility"  of cooperating with God's plan for propagating the human race regardless of what the CCC says.  What is being "responsible"?  Can't have a baby now because we got bills to pay, a house to buy, a car laon, no job?  This is not what NFP is about, but it is "NFP" according the N.O., which promotes NFP as Catholic contraception (ask those who practice this method), are what they are doing being "responsible"?  Have sex and tell God "No."

(04-12-2011, 06:46 PM)dymphna17 Wrote: So, what makes it OK for the Italians?  Huh?

I did not say that. But it means it is probably the translator's fault, not the author's.
(04-13-2011, 04:27 AM)ecclesiastes Wrote:
(04-12-2011, 06:46 PM)dymphna17 Wrote: So, what makes it OK for the Italians?  Huh?

I did not say that. But it means it is probably the translator's fault, not the author's.

LOL
(04-13-2011, 02:20 AM)Walty Wrote: I'm so sick of this crap.  I'm not surprised by Schonborn, but how the hell is this getting through?  All of Rome has this on their hands.

Even the firefighters of Rome.

Seriously hopefully the press conference today will shed some light, maybe include a public execution or too. Bring back the inquisition!