zeal?
It's never been explained to me clearly, but I do hear one thing about it.  IT IS NEEDED!!!  There are too many people laming up Christianity and making us look like a bunch of wussies!  Too many things about being a Catholic warrior have been forgotten!

...(sigh!) what to do?...

[-]
  •
Zeal and the love of God has been watered down and replaced with the new false teaching which is to be nice to all and please whatever you do, do not offend anyone or hurt someones precious feelings even for their own good and the Greater Glory of God.
The practice of Ecumenism has destroyed Holy Zeal in my opinion and puts love of others above love of God. Which is one of the reasons the church is in such a state. People now disobey God in order to please their fellow men. And people now widely believe that to make it to heaven you just have to be a 'nice' person. When I say nice read wussy. Sometimes I think Christianity has been hijacked by a bunch of hippie's. I am just waiting for the chuch to declare 'Free Love'. Just thinking about this makes me want to puke.[Image: puke.gif]
Ow! Big words!  They hurt!  I've had this problem with Newadvent.org, they define words with words that need to be explained as well and those need to be explained and so on and so on.
The bottom line is that in order to have zeal, for the Faith or for some worldly enterprise, we must believe in what we are doing.  Since most of the world has totally lost supernatural faith, it is impossible for them to have zeal for its propagation.
Neo-Catholics used to call me a zealot. I have lost some of my passion, but many people would still consider me a "fanatic"
To moderns, anyone who actually believes something, and thinks it matters what you believe, is a fanatic.  This is the most conviction-less age the world has ever seen, although they will freak if you try to show them that even being completely anti-belief in anything is itself a belief; the most rigid one of all, for it puts one in unbreakable iron shackles.
DEUS VULT!!!!!!!!!
CampeadorShin Wrote:DEUS VULT!!!!!!!!!

Deus vult!

Yes, I've noticed that ever since I've been drawn to Truth, some closest to me find subtle methods for denouncing extremism and fanaticism in general, though they rarely tell me directly that they think I'm an extremist. They respect me, and sincerely believe I'm on a destructive, delusional path. It's usually more subtle--e.g. I will suddenly hear that "we must always find the balanced middle ground between the extremes," or some other "enlightened" drivel. Although when I suggested that there were such things as false religions, I was immediately and unrelentingly labeled a fanatic, "just like" my bible-believing, born-again relatives, only Catholic.