Great Deserts!
(04-15-2011, 10:31 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote:
(04-15-2011, 10:26 PM)timoose Wrote: Baky, what was that fave dessert ? I could have eaten the screen. It looked gooood.

tim

It's a Quebec dessert loosely translated as "poor man's pudding" popular during the depression and DELICIOUS maple-syrup based dessert. Had one at the sugar shack for my son's 7th birthday last month!

http://paxye.com/blog/pouding-chomeur-po...s-pudding/

The poor eat well in your fatherland!
well in my "patrie" at any rate :)
(04-15-2011, 10:31 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote:
(04-15-2011, 10:26 PM)timoose Wrote: Baky, what was that fave dessert ? I could have eaten the screen. It looked gooood.

tim

It's a Quebec dessert loosely translated as "poor man's pudding" popular during the depression and DELICIOUS maple-syrup based dessert. Had one at the sugar shack for my son's 7th birthday last month!

http://paxye.com/blog/pouding-chomeur-po...s-pudding/

That does look tasty!
I haven't had pouding au chomeur but it sounds awfully similar to grandpère.
After dinner, nothing beats a nice cuppa coffee and a cannoli.

Blueberry pie is close, though.
Death by chocolate: chocolate mousse with brandy.

Christmas pud runs a close second.

Caoimhín
Desserts in deserts:

[Image: chickendessert.jpg]
The Chicken cartoon cracked me up! 

Tin roof sundae, after mass tonight.  (chased that with some french fries and mayonaise)  :pazzo:

Foo Foo is one of my favorites.  That's a tub of whipped cream, a carton of cottage cheese, a large pkg of orange jello, and mandarin oranges, drained.  All mixed together and set overnight.  A family favorite for years on holidays.  It's good for pot lucks as well.

Angel Food Cake with whipped cream and strawberries.  That was always my birthday cake.

And I make a mean Apple Dumpling.  :)
This does look fantastic.

[Image: 517100386_6fc3a6b4cf.jpg]

Foo Foo sounds delectable as well.