foreplay in the sexual act
(04-14-2011, 10:17 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote:
(04-14-2011, 10:15 PM)PatienceAndLove Wrote:
(04-14-2011, 10:11 PM)Rosarium Wrote:
(04-14-2011, 10:10 PM)PatienceAndLove Wrote: More than once Quis has said that we are allowed to have adult conversations, and to discuss adult matters in an adult fashion.  
The nature of the thread was sexual to begin with.  If you are affected/shocked/bothered by such things, why did you open the thread?

Adult does not mean unrestrained.

I would like an example of these "unrestrained" posts.
I spoke from my experience as a previously married woman, who engaged in and enjoyed the marital embrace.  I will not use euphemisms, as that just causes confusion, which leads to misunderstandings.
I prefer to speak plainly so that all may understand what I am saying and the meaning behind my words.

???

previously married = divorced with no annullment
deleted for being uncharitable
(04-14-2011, 10:22 PM)Rosarium Wrote:
(04-14-2011, 10:17 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote: ???

Death dissolved marriage and unless a person volunteers information, it is better not to inquire into things which may reveal information a person does not want to give.
I like this post.
(04-14-2011, 10:19 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote:
(04-14-2011, 09:56 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(04-14-2011, 09:49 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: why would you abstain from sex if you cant have kids?

Spiritual sacrifice offered for one's sins.

Quote:Sex is the glue that holds the couple together.

I thought it was the sacrament of marriage, the selfless sacrifices offered everyday, the love for spouse and children and their welfare. If sex is the glue, however, it's no wonder so many marriages end up in divorce.

Quote:You probably think its a sin to enjoy it I imagine? its ok to do it for fun. Seriously dude...And as far as positions, its harmless....it doesnt degrade either spouse when both are consenting.

Spoken like a true liberal.
Oh please...i am far from liberal. I just enjoy marriage and all the "benefits" that come along with it. We'll see how well all your talk is if your ever married to woman you love and are attracted to...

Rest assured that one thing I will never do is to pretend that my shortcomings, inadequacies and vices are "harmless" or even "good." It is precisely because of its lure and almost irrestible appeal to our carnal depravity, that a Christian should be extremely careful when it comes to sex. In fact, most people are damned because of sins of the flesh and that is a thought that should worry us all. Sins of the flesh occur frequently between married spouses that are lax towards their sex lives, besides all the other known examples.

"How narrow is the gate, and strait is the way that leadeth to life: and few there are that find it!" (Matt 7:14) How truthful those words become when we start to think seriously about our lives.
No one is being forced to read this thread.  If it is a source of temptation for someone they should pray and stay away.  i said before I think its important that these topics occur because it gives people an opportunity to get answers to sexual questions that if asked in any other light will not be answered with catholic morals in mind.  that is a very dangerous thing.

I don't think anything has been unrestrained or even inappropriate.  Its adult conversation, people shouldn't be cringing over anatomically involved discussion as long as it is ordered and with purpose.  
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
This thread makes me wonder if it might not be prudent to restore the ancient discipline of abstaining from sex during Lent.
(04-14-2011, 10:39 PM)Resurrexi Wrote: This thread makes me wonder if it might not be prudent to restore the ancient discipline of abstaining from sex during Lent.

And when it's not Lent??
(04-14-2011, 10:41 PM)PatienceAndLove Wrote:
(04-14-2011, 10:39 PM)Resurrexi Wrote: This thread makes me wonder if it might not be prudent to restore the ancient discipline of abstaining from sex during Lent.

And when it's not Lent??

No sex three days before receiving holy Communion.
That would greatly cut down the number of Catholic babies in December and January. 
Let's start a post-modern practice of abstaining from threads about sex during... oh, whatever.