foreplay in the sexual act
(04-14-2011, 11:10 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: St. Albertus said something was a mortal sin.

English, bitte?

"Omnis modus coeundi praeter illum quo mulier jacet in dorso, et vir incumbens ei jacet in ventre, mortale peccatum est."

"Every manner of union except that in which the woman lies in her back, and the man leaning on her lies in his belly, is a mortal sin."
(04-14-2011, 11:15 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(04-14-2011, 11:10 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: St. Albertus said something was a mortal sin.

English, bitte?

Basically anything except missionary is a mortal sin.

thanks  :)
Four things:

1) I'm taking Vetus' side as far as what he said.  What he said is the clear path to not having problems.  He did not say everyone has to do this.  He did not say it was a sin not to do this.  What he did was propose the safe path.  That's all.

2) Vetus has also not been married, and giving him the benefit of the doubt, he hopefully hasn't engaged in a mortally sinful act before marriage to learn some of the mechanics.  So, cut a Catholic gentleman some slack for, of all things, behaving.

3) He is also Portuguese so when his fire is lit, I don't think he'll have a problem making a good "payment" to his wife.  He's not Sicilian like me (not all women can be blessed enough to have a Sicilian husband), but the Portuguese are in the running.

So, please read Vetus' list as intended: the safest path, not the only path.  And nasty ad hominems about how boring he might be are, to my knowledge, unfounded.  At least until a groupie for the metal band he was in writes a tell-all.

Finally and most importantly:

4) This thread has crossed the line in terms of graphicness and salaciousness.  Y'all can disagree, but since I'm the one with the lock button, my vote counts.  Unfortunate, I know.

The boundary in my mind is when it moves from a theoretical and theological discussion to bedroom intimacies, etc.  There are things that may still be within Catholic bounds, but not in mixed company.  This forum is mixed company.  Please keep that in mind.  Some stuff should be talked about amongst ladies and gentleman but within their own sex, not in mixed company (except between a husband and wife, of course).

If there are any more questions before the next sex thread (sigh), please ask your priest.  Until then, I'm cooling things off.  :tiphat: