Collect for JP2
http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/congre...re_lt.html

Deus, dives in misericórdia, qui beátum Ioánnem Paulum, papam, univérsae Ecclésiae tuae praeésse voluísti, praesta, quaésumus, ut, eius institútis edócti, corda nostra salutíferae grátiae Christi, uníus redemptóris hóminis, fidénter aperiámus.

O God, who are rich in mercy and who willed that the blessed John Paul the Second should preside as Pope over your universal Church, grant, we pray, that instructed by his teaching, we may open our hearts to the saving grace of Christ, the sole Redeemer of mankind.

I'm assuming that the prayer refers to God's permissive will. ;)
This is really going to happen, isn't it?  >:( :(
For the sake of comparison:

"O God, Who didst vouchsafe to choose blessed Pius Thy chief bishop for the crushing of the enemies of Thy Church and the restoration of divine worship, make us to be defended by his watchful care and so to adhere to Thy service that, all the contrivances of our enemies being overcome, we may rejoice in everlasting peace.  Through our Lord Jesus, Thy Son, Who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end.  Amen.”  (Collect for the Feast of St. Pius V)

Too bad the Church doesn't crush her enemies anymore... it almost seems as though she doesn't think she has any (well, that's not true, but I think she could afford to be a little more firm with them).  I miss the "Church Militant," with her "soldiers of Christ" and her fortress mentality (neither phrase appears in the CCC).
I hope some sort of divine intervention takes place and JP2's beatification is canceled.
Just as a reminder, Pope John XXIII is also blessed.

And, well, we know how well THAT went...
OT: on Blessed Innocent XI. He's one of my favorite little-known popes. Is there any real evidence that he was backing William of Orange? That would be very disappointing.
(04-14-2011, 10:39 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: Just as a reminder, Pope John XXIII is also blessed.

I think that I saw something on youtube about Pope John XXIII being one of the incorruptibles... Is that true?
(04-16-2011, 02:56 AM)teresa54 Wrote:
(04-14-2011, 10:39 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: Just as a reminder, Pope John XXIII is also blessed.

I think that I saw something on youtube about Pope John XXIII being one of the incorruptibles... Is that true?

Apparently so, Teresa. However, there appears to be an alternate, scientific explanation. I cannot vouch for the accuracy of the info in this link, but I remember reading about this several years ago.  While incorruptibility is generally considered to be a sign pointing to one's holiness, the whole of a person's life must be considered. 

Incorruptibility is not an airtight "stamp of approval" from God, especially when the possibility of an alternate explanation exists.

http://www.traditioninaction.org/HotTopi...Popeht.htm

Edit: added link.