Italian Butcher Arrested for Selling Decade-Old Meat
(04-16-2011, 07:01 PM)Hawaii Five-0 Wrote:
(04-16-2011, 02:58 PM)wallflower Wrote: Ew, ew, ew! How awful!

I can't imagine anyone ate it. I mean the smell...people must have known it was bad, regardless of the dates.

Ew! I bet the Honey Badger would eat it, 'cause he don't give a *#!@ !!!

Very humorous.
(04-17-2011, 03:56 AM)Hawaii Five-0 Wrote:
(04-17-2011, 03:06 AM)dymphna17 Wrote: Is that fish stuff the kind that the people lay the fish on their slanted tin rooves for days and catch the drippings as a sauce?  That's the worst thing I can imagine eating.

Shrug  I love the stuff...  Here's how it's made.

Me too!  I know plenty of people who refuse to eat seafood but love using fish sauce when we go out for Vietnamese food.  Usually before I tell them what it is, but hey.
Here's another little something about old meat. The image we have from the TV program Wagon Tain is the barrel on the sides of the covered wagons contained water. It ain't so; they contained animal fat. They deep fried all the old mouldy meat in the fat to avoid becoming sick.

Back to the original. I'm having a hard time seeing Mama Maria Pasquanelli buying cooking and feeding Ivo, and their six boys Primo, Secondo, Terzo, Quarto, Quinto, and Sesto rotten meat. This begs credulity knowing how picky Italians are about cooking.

tim
(04-17-2011, 12:03 PM)timoose Wrote: Back to the original. I'm having a hard time seeing Mama Maria Pasquanelli buying cooking and feeding Ivo, and their six boys Primo, Secondo, Terzo, Quarto, Quinto, and Sesto rotten meat. This begs credulity knowing how picky Italians are about cooking.

There are bad cooks even in Italy.  Hard to believe, I know, but it's true.
Q, you just blew up one of my fondest notions. hehehe

tim
(04-16-2011, 02:43 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: Police arrested the butcher on suspicion of endangering public health.

Suspicion?
Its legalese
(04-16-2011, 02:43 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: (NewsCore) - Italian police arrested a Naples butcher after discovering worm-infested meat for sale in his store that was 10 years past its expiry date, the ANSA news agency reported Friday.
Police arrested the butcher on suspicion of endangering public health.

Yet another example of ridiculous government overeach and snooping into the private business of entrepreneurs! 
These cops probably wanted free mortadella. 
Sticking tongue out at you
My partner was working on a construction project in Algeria.  Before leaving for his flight home, he ate some goat-on-a-stick from a street vendor.  Anyhow, he had the worst dysentery (the real thing where the tail of the amoeba drops out your arse and splashes around in the toilet bowl) for the flight home.  Imagine 8 hours on a plane like that.  Passengers must have hated his  guts, pun intended.  He made it to the doctor, some woman, who basically cussed him out for being stupid, then gave him a bunch of pills, which killed everything.  It worked.  I told him it was probably the extra manure sauce that did him in.
(04-17-2011, 11:12 PM)James02 Wrote: My partner was working on a construction project in Algeria.  Before leaving for his flight home, he ate some goat-on-a-stick from a street vendor.  Anyhow, he had the worst dysentery (the real thing where the tail of the amoeba drops out your arse and splashes around in the toilet bowl) for the flight home.  Imagine 8 hours on a plane like that.  Passengers must have hated his  guts, pun intended.  He made it to the doctor, some woman, who basically cussed him out for being stupid, then gave him a bunch of pills, which killed everything.  It worked.  I told him it was probably the extra manure sauce that did him in.

Just as a point of information, amoeba’s are protozoan’s that live in soil or water and generally find human hosts after contaminated water or unwashed or unpealed raw fruits and vegetables are consumed.  The reason they are not a problem in the northern climates is not necessarily because our sanitary standards are higher, but because the winter freeze breaks their lifecycle.

Unless your partner had a side salad with his goat-on-a-stick, the most likely cause of his malady, I’m guessing, was a strain of e-coli from the undercooked goat.