Vestments for Palm Sunday
(04-17-2011, 09:32 PM)alicewyf Wrote: At the NO vigil Mass I attended last night the priests wore red the whole time, and the altar servers wore red umm....dress thingies with a white thingy over them (sorry, I don't know the terms). I know this is not relevant to your question, just thought I'd share.

Similar to this? http://www.churchsupplies.com/store/045.215S-red.shtml  If so, that is a red cassock with a white surplice. :)
(04-17-2011, 09:42 PM)Steven Wrote:
(04-17-2011, 09:32 PM)alicewyf Wrote: At the NO vigil Mass I attended last night the priests wore red the whole time, and the altar servers wore red umm....dress thingies with a white thingy over them (sorry, I don't know the terms). I know this is not relevant to your question, just thought I'd share.

Similar to this? http://www.churchsupplies.com/store/045.215S-red.shtml  If so, that is a red cassock with a white surplice. :)

Yes! But the surplice was longer. Thanks for increasing my vocab! Always love to learn new words.
(04-17-2011, 06:23 PM)Joshua Wrote: Prior to these odious reforms, the Priest wore violet vestments for the entirety of the Palm Sunday solemnity. Violet has always been the color used to designate Christ's divine kingship (of which we sing of profusely during the course of the Mass). The change to red makes absolutely no liturgical sense whatsoever. Regardless, the changes in vestments and colors are but the tip of the iceberg.

How do you really feel, Joshua?
(04-17-2011, 11:01 PM)Christus Imperat Wrote:
(04-17-2011, 06:23 PM)Joshua Wrote: Prior to these odious reforms, the Priest wore violet vestments for the entirety of the Palm Sunday solemnity. Violet has always been the color used to designate Christ's divine kingship (of which we sing of profusely during the course of the Mass). The change to red makes absolutely no liturgical sense whatsoever. Regardless, the changes in vestments and colors are but the tip of the iceberg.

How do you really feel, Joshua?

;D ... Both online and in person, my various opinions and judgments (as worthless as they are) are usually as conspicuous as the nose on my face.
At Mass, the vestments were almost identical to those posted by OLOMC, except the chasuble had a black cross with the purple, and not gold.