Do any trad schools take donations of CDs etc. for their Libraries?
I'm doing some spring cleaning and I was curious if there are some Trad schools or Seminaries that would accept donations of classical music CDs, back-issues of The Remnant etc.  I'd hate to toss them out if they can be put to good use. 

And following on that, I'd planned on converting my CDs to digital format and storing them on a hard drive, and then give away the CDs to a trad school (mostly what is loosely defined as "classical" music) would that be ethical in terms of copyright laws? 

The RIAA would be pissed that you're giving them away. 

I think, though, you need to ask if the copyright laws are ethical, and whether or not you a breaking a moral law with the copying/giving away.
(04-17-2011, 03:39 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: The RIAA would be pissed that you're giving them away. 

I think, though, you need to ask if the copyright laws are ethical, and whether or not you a breaking a moral law with the copying/giving away.

Interesting, I wonder if I could name the collection and put it on permanant loan to a trad school's library.  Legally, I would still retain ownership of the implied license.  It's probably not worth it, but I hate to just toss stuff away when I bought a number of CDs for only one track of music over the years.