Is there an ideal pre-vatican II nation state still in existence?
(04-19-2011, 02:17 PM)AuberonDraenenWen Wrote: Try Tristan de Cunha

Kindly elabourate and enlighten those (such as myself) who are less informed as to who this particular gentleman is?
(04-19-2011, 03:25 PM)Virgil the Roman Wrote:

Kindly elabourate and enlighten those (such as myself) who are less informed as to who this particular gentleman is?

It's a place. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tristan_da_Cunha
(04-19-2011, 05:06 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(04-19-2011, 03:25 PM)Virgil the Roman Wrote:

It's a place. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tristan_da_Cunha

Quote:Television did not arrive on the island until 2001, and the sole channel available is the British Forces Broadcasting Service from the Falkland Islands.

Hey, I think I am liking this place already!  ;)

Yours to rent for £40,000 a night: Liechtenstein puts whole country on the market (but 30,000 residents will stay)

By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 5:42 PM on 16th April 2011

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z1Jzo6Culu

For people who would prefer to buy, estate agents have put an entire village on sale in Italy for just £485,000 - the price of a London flat.

The medieval village comes with 11 crumbling stone buildings, including a half-ruined 13th century church and two shepherds' houses.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z1JzoJeHIe

(04-18-2011, 08:01 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: I wish Spain was still as it was under Franco. I would move to that Spain in a heartbeat.

Unless you were Basque
Is there an ideal pre-vatican II nation state still in existence?

Not to my knowledge.

However, the Catholic Church is alive and well in certain parts of the world, in what some call the "Catacombs", and others "Catacombs III".

These Catacombs, by whatever name, as I was told about it many, many years ago (presumably this is still true?) contain validly Consecrated Catholic Bishops and validly Ordained Catholic Priests, in various parts of the world.

Every now and then the Communists raid a place suspected of housing one or two Catacomb Bishops or Priests and either kill them or persecute them.

Thus, at least the Catholic Church still exists.

A Catholic Catholic
(04-20-2011, 02:08 AM)moneil Wrote:
(04-18-2011, 08:01 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: I wish Spain was still as it was under Franco. I would move to that Spain in a heartbeat.

Unless you were Basque

Not all basques were lefitsh revolutionaries.
That is correct.
(04-19-2011, 05:32 PM)INPEFESS Wrote: Hey, I think I am liking this place already!  ;)

Only two religions on the island. Anglican and Catholic. At the rate things are going you will soon have only Catholics.
(04-20-2011, 08:17 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(04-20-2011, 02:08 AM)moneil Wrote:

Unless you were Basque

Not all basques were lefitsh revolutionaries.

Not all Basques persecuted by Generalissimo were leftist revolutionaries.

In the northwest of the United States there is a rather large Basque community.  Many of them of my parent’s generation were immigrants who came over to work as shepherds.  They were industrious and pious people who prospered and often went on to own their own flocks and other agricultural enterprises.  Perhaps economic opportunity was a primary reason for the migration (I really don’t know) but I do know that they were happy to have fled life under Franco, when often they were not allowed to openly speak their own language or pass on their culture.  They were expected to forget that they were Basque.  In my experience they were extremely devout Catholics, and not in just a cultural sense.  If the church doors were open, if there was a Mass, a Rosary, a procession, or any other devotion, the Basque were there.