The ordinariate is really happening
(04-19-2011, 08:36 PM)JMartyr Wrote: Will they have to abjure their heresies?

No, if they did, the conciliar church would find itself without most of the hierarchy and clergy.
"How do you know all of this. Are you a Vatican insider?:
JMartyr,
I have been told this by a former member of the Pontifical Commision Ecclesis Dei.
(04-19-2011, 10:18 PM)dan hunter Wrote: The Ordinariate can be established for the Society to make them canonically regular before all the doctrinal talks are finished.
The Holy Father could do this with a stroke of the pen without the SSPX having to give up anything of where they stand now, and then the talks could continue with the Society being able to validly absolve sins and witness marriages whilst being able to offer Mass licitly without having to answer to diocesan Ordinarys, only the Holy Father. :)

Certainly the Holy Father could do this with a stroke of the pen, one almost wonders why he hasn't done it or why it's never been done.

It might have something to do with the SSPX striving to remain faithful to the faith of the Apostles - that simply is a tough one for any NOer to simply reason away with a pen stroke.
It is confusing why it has not happened yet.
(04-20-2011, 01:50 PM)dan hunter Wrote: It is confusing why it has not happened yet.

Not confusing at all when you consider the fact the His Holiness is a modernist. I say this not to be disrespectful in anyway. Father/Bishop/Cardinal Ratzinger/Pope Benedict XVI has always at least been sympathetic to to the "New Theology." I do not think His Holiness wants to see the large scale return of Tradition at all.
(04-20-2011, 02:02 PM)username123 Wrote:
(04-20-2011, 01:50 PM)dan hunter Wrote: It is confusing why it has not happened yet.

Not confusing at all when you consider the fact the His Holiness is a modernist. I say this not to be disrespectful in anyway. Father/Bishop/Cardinal Ratzinger/Pope Benedict XVI has always at least been sympathetic to to the "New Theology." I do not think His Holiness wants to see the large scale return of Tradition at all.

A self-evident truth if there ever was any.