Does Pat Buchanan support the SSPX?
I know he goes to the latin mass but I was just wondering if Pat Buchanan supports the SSPX or if he has ever written on them.
I don't know what his stance is regarding the SSPX, but I do know for a fact that he attends the diocesan TLM here in DC. I've (literally) bumped into him twice.
I'm pretty sure he has or is a contributor to the The Latin Mass Magazine as well.
He wrote about them a little in this article on Summorum Pontificum: http://www.chroniclesmagazine.org/2007/0...ionalists/

Quote:And he acted to advance a reconciliation with traditionalists out of communion with the Holy See, including the 600,000 followers of the late Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre, excommunicated in 1988, who belong to his Society of Saint Pius X.

The current head of SSPX, Bishop Bernard Fellay, has welcomed papal restoration of the Latin Mass. But he has called it a first step toward addressing all doctrinal disputes dating to Vatican II. Among these are the issues of ecumenism and religious liberty. If the true church is one, holy, catholic and apostolic, then not all churches are equal.

This makes it seem like Buchanan supports the SSPX to some extent.
+JMJ+

Buchanan supports the traditional Liturgy and the restoration of Catholic culture...

Which is why I never understood why he was never mentioned as a candidate for President they'd vote for in all the polls on this site, over the past year....  He's a decent man... albeit scandalized the same libel the MSM calls "fact".

Why support Palin, or any of the other cast of characters... all who support contraception/birth control... over Pat Buchanan? Particularly when their policies are not Catholic. Nor ever will be.

Buchanan's one of us.  The others are not.

??? 

iHs