Traditional Easter breads, meals & treats?
[Image: Ligurian_Sea_map.jpg]
In the day Liguria, better known as Genova owned Corsica, Sardinia, all the way north to the Piedmont, most of France on the mediterranean including Marseilles, and Nice, and an non-contiguous settlement in Constantinople or Istanbul, till today, and Genovese is still spoken sporadically there.

tim
Tim, interesting. I've always wanted to be an Italian. But hasn't everyone?

Btw, I have noticed that you are inconsistent in signing your posts, "tim."
(04-22-2011, 09:09 AM)SaraLucille Wrote:
(04-21-2011, 09:57 PM)Dunstan Wrote: Well according to my copy of "The Catholic Cookbook" I Have
-Polish Easter soup (oatmeal,  Sour Rye bread, Polish Sausage, Horseradish Potatoes)
-Roast Suckling lamb (lamb, lemon, apples, bacon, cloves, garlic, ginger, butter, hot apple juice, heavy cream)

Who's the author?

The Catholic Cook Book
Edited by William I. Kaufman
Recipies kitchen-tested by Sister Mary Ursula, O.P.,
Catholic Asvisors: Francis X. Weiser and Brother Herman E. Zaccarelli,
I'll make a braided Easter bread with colored eggs baked into it, a lamby cake, a butter lamb, two little legs o' lamb (we have company coming)..........hmm, what else? well, my mom, my mother-in-law and my sister are all bringing things so they'll be all sorts of good food to eat.  :)
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
(04-22-2011, 06:17 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: I'll make a braided Easter bread with colored eggs baked into it, a lamby cake, a butter lamb, two little legs o' lamb (we have company coming)..........hmm, what else? well, my mom, my mother-in-law and my sister are all bringing things so they'll be all sorts of good food to eat.  :)

mmm, I've never made lamb. Sounds great.  My mom's family is in town... around 30 for lunch! Ham, taters, eggs... and an insane amount of baked treats.

I'm making an Easter braid too. How do you bake the eggs in? Can you use dyed ones? Sounds pretty.
(04-22-2011, 05:59 PM)Dunstan Wrote:
(04-22-2011, 09:09 AM)SaraLucille Wrote:
(04-21-2011, 09:57 PM)Dunstan Wrote: Well according to my copy of "The Catholic Cookbook" I Have
-Polish Easter soup (oatmeal,  Sour Rye bread, Polish Sausage, Horseradish Potatoes)
-Roast Suckling lamb (lamb, lemon, apples, bacon, cloves, garlic, ginger, butter, hot apple juice, heavy cream)

Who's the author?

Thanks!

The Catholic Cook Book
Edited by William I. Kaufman
Recipies kitchen-tested by Sister Mary Ursula, O.P.,
Catholic Asvisors: Francis X. Weiser and Brother Herman E. Zaccarelli,
I made a chocolate lamb today for the little one's basket. Extra penance: I could not lick the spoon!