Chalcedon
(05-11-2011, 02:40 AM)Gregory I Wrote: Cyril used the term Physis, which is a kind of fuzzy word. It is equally translatable as either Person, or Nature.

So, I think, like we have agreed, the best translation is "being."

So, "One being who is the word incarnate." Is equivalent to Cyril's "One nature of the incarnate word."

Good? One Individual Subsistence that has all the properties of humanity and divinity united in a single being.

Good enough.
(05-11-2011, 06:39 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote:
(05-11-2011, 04:23 PM)randomtradguy Wrote: p.s. I'm a fan of the Creed's strong language. ie. 'whoever does not hold the Catholic faith, cannot be saved." So simple in today's confusing world.

I would assume you are not  a fan of Vatican II then  ;)

No.
Does anyone know what S. Athanasius meant by assumption of Manhood into God?
(05-17-2011, 12:24 PM)randomtradguy Wrote:
(05-11-2011, 06:39 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote:
(05-11-2011, 04:23 PM)randomtradguy Wrote: p.s. I'm a fan of the Creed's strong language. ie. 'whoever does not hold the Catholic faith, cannot be saved." So simple in today's confusing world.

I would assume you are not  a fan of Vatican II then  ;)

No.
Does anyone know what S. Athanasius meant by assumption of Manhood into God?

You mean from his creed? Probably in regards to the incarnation.
What in regards to the incarnation though?
(05-28-2011, 04:22 PM)randomtradguy Wrote: What in regards to the incarnation though?

God assumed the flesh of man in the Christ, without losing His Divinity.
Not in the Christ, as though he were distinct from the manhood, but as Christ, he fully made the manhood one with his divinity.
(05-28-2011, 07:17 PM)Gregory I Wrote: Not in the Christ, as though he were distinct from the manhood, but as Christ, he fully made the manhood one with his divinity.

Read The Creed by Saint Athanasius.
In Latin or English?  :laughing:
(05-28-2011, 07:17 PM)Gregory I Wrote: Not in the Christ, as though he were distinct from the manhood, but as Christ, he fully made the manhood one with his divinity.

Yes. That is what I meant. 
(05-28-2011, 08:40 PM)Gregory I Wrote: In Latin or English?  :laughing:

And then read St. Thomas Aquinas on the Most Holy Trinity.