Zumba Advice
(05-04-2011, 10:12 AM)JayneK Wrote:
(05-04-2011, 09:44 AM)Andrew Wrote: Working out alone is not easy.  I used to pray a lot, just to get through it, especially "cardio" :laughing: But, it does save a lot of time and money!  It gets easier. 

Yes, it isn't so bad doing weights/resistance on my own, but a class helps a lot for cardio days.  I checked the schedule and there is a cycle class on the day I was doing Zumba.  The time is less convenient but it can be made to work.

That's a good idea.  Maybe they've got some cool bikes. 
My wife did Zumba and felt uncomfortable. A bit too risque for her. She goes on the machines instead (you know, walking, hand rowing, etc.).
(04-30-2011, 01:21 PM)JayneK Wrote: The problem is that it is sexualized.  The class is all women, mostly middle-aged.  I am pretty sure we don't look sexy and there aren't any men to see anyhow.  But the moves include shaking and shimmying and hip-thrusting.  Some of the moves have names like "sexy arms" or "sexy mama" and the instructor says things I am a bit uncomfortable with.  I don't think it is anything really bad. I am probably just over-sensitive.

I definitely don't think its sinful if there are no men around, but if the instructor makes you uncomfortable, I think you should listen to your instincts.