Another EENS, please be patient...
(07-24-2011, 07:09 PM)Gregory I Wrote: Just a note of caution: If you post in the Traditional FOrum, and if you try to talk about something like LIMBO which should not be that controversial, and say it has the theological status of a common doctrine of the church (Which by the way BOD does too....I think) you get people denying it, saying "The church doesn't teach Limbo." I did a 50 page thread on the Fact that Limbo was BUILT on the Dogmas of the Church, although the DETAILS of limbo are speculation (like location and kind of suffering, etc.)

They don't wanna hear it dude. But by all means, give em a whirl. Start a thread on infant damnation and see how long it takes before a mod swoops down on ya! :) Oh, and don't call Protestants material heretics. It's name-calling and uncharitable.  ::)  :pazzo:

@ Gregory I.

I want to start a thread on what the Church doctors have said throughout the christian era on the subject of Astrology... but I don't know how to start such a thread. Could you instruct me on how to do it?
In the traditional forum, there should be a button called start new thread or start new topic. CLick it and go from there. They are very picky that each sub-forum has relevant topics, so make sure you indicate that the TRADITIONAL scholatic view on Astrology has never been completely negative; indeed, St. Albert the great and St. THomas Aquinas taught and believed in electional astrology. Astrology that is used to determine a good STARTING place in time to undertake an activity. Thomas explicitly teaches in the summa that the heavenly bodies have an effect on the atmosphere that manifests in the different tempers found in humans, but it is not positively indicative of their destiny. Good stuff.

(07-31-2011, 02:50 AM)Gregory I Wrote: In the traditional forum, there should be a button called start new thread or start new topic. CLick it and go from there. They are very picky that each sub-forum has relevant topics, so make sure you indicate that the TRADITIONAL scholatic view on Astrology has never been completely negative; indeed, St. Albert the great and St. THomas Aquinas taught and believed in electional astrology. Astrology that is used to determine a good STARTING place in time to undertake an activity. Thomas explicitly teaches in the summa that the heavenly bodies have an effect on the atmosphere that manifests in the different tempers found in humans, but it is not positively indicative of their destiny. Good stuff.

Thank you, Gregory I.  Your statements are wonderful.  However, in order for them to be effective and believable you must quote verbatim the corresponding texts.  Thank you.  Otherwise without sourcing the material it is as if the material does not exist at all.  I am sure you understand this.