Our Lady of Fatima
Tim or anyone,

Do you happen to know why Amelia will be in Purgatory until the end of time?? What did a young girl (possibly only 14) do so terribly where she would be locked up in Purgatory until the end?????  It amazes me that there is no way anyone can do penance or offer up prayers  to get her out! Did she die suddenly without the sacraments??

There isn't any information on here, AFAIk.
(05-10-2011, 11:32 AM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote: Do you happen to know why Amelia will be in Purgatory until the end of time?? What did a young girl (possibly only 14) do so terribly where she would be locked up in Purgatory until the end?

I found this quote from the Fatima Crusader:

Quote: Then Lucy asked about two girls who had died, who used to come to her house to learn weaving from her eldest sister. Our Lady replied that one was in Heaven, and the other, Amelia, who was only between 18 and 20 years of age when she died, would be in purgatory till the end of the world.

If a little child of Francisco’s age, and a young girl like Amelia were not yet worthy of Heaven, we can see how important it is to become purified of even our smallest faults before we go before the face of God, Who is infinitely holy.

:shrug:

Thanks, at least we know her age now!  ::)
(05-10-2011, 11:32 AM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote: Tim or anyone,

Do you happen to know why Amelia will be in Purgatory until the end of time?? What did a young girl (possibly only 14) do so terribly where she would be locked up in Purgatory until the end?????  It amazes me that there is no way anyone can do penance or offer up prayers  to get her out! Did she die suddenly without the sacraments??

There isn't any information on here, AFAIk.

Certainly Sr Lucy prayed on her behalf and she is already in Heavens
This was contingent.  Her sins condemned her to purgatory.  I'm guessing she was fornicating, but who knows.  Maybe she did not confess them properly also.

However, it is perfectly right to pray for her.  This will get her out of purgatory.  Remember her on All Souls Day and get her a plenary indulgence.
(05-10-2011, 11:44 AM)Vivace Wrote:
(05-10-2011, 11:32 AM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote: Do you happen to know why Amelia will be in Purgatory until the end of time?? What did a young girl (possibly only 14) do so terribly where she would be locked up in Purgatory until the end?

Quote: Then Lucy asked about two girls who had died, who used to come to her house to learn weaving from her eldest sister. Our Lady replied that one was in Heaven, and the other, Amelia, who was only between 18 and 20 years of age when she died, would be in purgatory till the end of the world.

If a little child of Francisco’s age, and a young girl like Amelia were not yet worthy of Heaven, we can see how important it is to become purified of even our smallest faults before we go before the face of God, Who is infinitely holy.

And some lunatics still keep insisting that getting to Heaven is a no-brainer!

Indeed, the path is strait and few are those who find it!
(05-10-2011, 03:23 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(05-10-2011, 11:44 AM)Vivace Wrote:

And some lunatics still keep insisting that getting to Heaven is a no-brainer!

Indeed, the path is strait and few are those who find it!

Yes, that's very frightening.
But though I am not sure, this may be "pedagogic" in some respects, otherwise I believe 99,9% of the catholics will end in Hell, except the recently baptized newborns.
Maybe she made a heroic act of some sort?
This is why we must keep up our end. Rosaries, sacrifices, first saturdays, and keep on the narrow path.

tim
Amelia in Purgatory is one of the most horrifying part of the message of Fatima. We should pray for her soul, since we know that she will be there until the world ends.