Our Lady of Fatima
Frankly...  I am full of envy for Amelia.  If you know what I mean...
I know exactly what you mean thats why I used the word "horrifying." If a teenager in 1917 portugal can go to purgatory until the end of time for some undisclosed offense against chastity I don't even want to think about today's society, myself included.
(05-10-2011, 10:59 PM)st.dominic_savio Wrote: I know exactly what you mean thats why I used the word "horrifying." If a teenager in 1917 portugal can go to purgatory until the end of time for some undisclosed offense against chastity I don't even want to think about today's society, myself included.

Well, worst case... you're in there as long as she is...  haha!
(05-10-2011, 10:59 PM)st.dominic_savio Wrote: I know exactly what you mean thats why I used the word "horrifying." If a teenager in 1917 portugal can go to purgatory until the end of time for some undisclosed offense against chastity I don't even want to think about today's society, myself included.

Yes, many saints said that those saved are VERY few.
I don't remember the name of the one who said that in a town of 30000 souls, only 3 were saved and among them 2 had to spend a time in Purgatory.
Where is God's victory at the end of the world if He abandons 99.9 p.c. of the souls in Satan's claws? I this a blasphemy speaking so?
That is the reason why sometimes I am tempted to question the 2nd Christian Virtue which is Hope. If this poor Amelia is in Purgatory for a very loooong time bcs of some peccadillo, certainly I myself will end in Hell whichever the number of penances acts I would make and rosaries I would pray.
But in another hand, Despair is a grave sin.
What shall we do?
My opinion is that sinners cannot be saved unless through our Lady's intercession. Everyone must make an act of consecration to the Heart of Mary and be confident She will convince God not to reject us the day we will die and send us in Purgatory for a very long time of sufferings.
We have no idea if it was a sin against chastity that is keeping that girl in purgatory until the end of time.  I know it's hard for many traddies to believe this, but there are much worse sins than those against chastity.  They may be some of the most common, but that doesn't make them the worst.
She's right, we have no idea what she did that needed that much Purgatory. It had to be some doozies. I can't see how a single roll in the hay merits Purgatory until the end of time. Perhaps am Aeon.

tim
Heck, even Mary Pyle who spent her last 50+  years or so under the care and protection of Padre Pio had to do a little time in Purgatory, according to some books I read.....Perhaps The Plenary Indulgences she performed weren't enough to remove all the stain of sin she accumulated when she was living a life of luxury as a Rich Protestant in NYC and Morristown, New Jersey.
(05-09-2011, 04:56 PM)mikemac Wrote: Well I don't know of a seventh apparition of Our Lady at Fatima Jacafamala.  Maybe someone else does.  Anyone?

I've read a lot about Fatima but I don't ever remember reading anything about a seventh, possibly future apparition at Fatima.  I hope someone can add to this.

I don't know if Petertherock is quoting from the Fatima.org site but it says the same, "Afterwards, I will return here yet a seventh time".
http://www.fatimacrusader.com/crintro/crintropg3.asp

Maybe Our Lady says seven because of August 13 and August 19, 1917.  On August 13 the three little shepherds were kidnapped by the district Administrator.  Those that did go to the Cova da Iria on August 13 testified that they did see anomalies but not Our Lady.  On August 19 Our Lady appeared again.  No it can't be because of August 13 and August 19, 1917 because Our Lady said "Afterwards, I will return here yet a seventh time".         

Still wondering about this... Anyone?  ???
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
(05-11-2011, 11:11 AM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote: Heck, even Mary Pyle who spent her last 50+  years or so under the care and protection of Padre Pio had to do a little time in Purgatory, according to some books I read.....Perhaps The Plenary Indulgences she performed weren't enough to remove all the stain of sin she accumulated when she was living a life of luxury as a Rich Protestant in NYC and Morristown, New Jersey.

That's truly a mystery.
Didnt Jesus say to the good thief when He was on the cross: "Today you will be with Me in Heavens" ?
Certainly the good thief's soul was darker than that of Mrs Pyle who in addition was lucky enough to meet Padre Pio. St Pio had the gift to read inside the souls, and he couldn't discern that she wasn't yet worthy to go to Heavens immediately? Hmmm...

This looks as if the only way to avoid Hell and possibly Purgatory too, would be to be martyred because of our Faith.
OK,  tomorrow I will take a flight straight to Abbotabad and begin preaching the Gospel to the muslims in the streets...
Anyone to come with me?
(05-11-2011, 12:35 PM)maso Wrote:
(05-11-2011, 11:11 AM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote: Heck, even Mary Pyle who spent her last 50+  years or so under the care and protection of Padre Pio had to do a little time in Purgatory, according to some books I read.....Perhaps The Plenary Indulgences she performed weren't enough to remove all the stain of sin she accumulated when she was living a life of luxury as a Rich Protestant in NYC and Morristown, New Jersey.

That's truly a mystery.
Didnt Jesus say to the good thief when He was on the cross: "Today you will be with Me in Heavens" ?
Certainly the good thief's soul was darker than that of Mrs Pyle who in addition was lucky enough to meet Padre Pio. St Pio had the gift to read inside the souls, and he couldn't discern that she wasn't yet worthy to go to Heavens immediately? Hmmm...

This looks as if the only way to avoid Hell and possibly Purgatory too, would be to be martyred because of our Faith.

plenary indulgence is whatcha need...