Our Lady of Fatima
This Pope will not touch the 3rd Secret during his pontificate after that fiasco he was involved in in the year 2000 A.D. where they tried to pass off that ridiculous 3rd secret, without even covering their steps when we knew already Portugal was mentioned in it years ago. I myself believe that since Portugal has gone the way of other European countries promoting immorality and such that the 3rd secret implies that when the persecuted Pope is forced to flee Rome he will end up in exile in Portugal perhaps at the Fatima shrine?
Our Lord never asked us to be oblivious to the world around us he said be as a wise as serpents. Moreover we need to get the entire Church to join the Fatima Crusade, not forget about it. There are people that peer in here and they have no idea about Fatima, though they may have a foggy notion about the rosary. Fatima will get them to pay attention to their duties to the Almighty. He sent the BMV as an emissary she is coming in an angelic office. What other devotions can claim that authority ? None, it comes from the Almighty and the Miracle of the Sun is it's Imprimatur.We need to get the folks in the parishes to see  that.

tim
(05-13-2011, 06:36 PM)timoose Wrote: Our Lord never asked us to be oblivious to the world around us he said be as a wise as serpents. Moreover we need to get the entire Church to join the Fatima Crusade, not forget about it. There are people that peer in here and they have no idea about Fatima, though they may have a foggy notion about the rosary. Fatima will get them to pay attention to their duties to the Almighty. He sent the BMV as an emissary she is coming in an angelic office. What other devotions can claim that authority ? None, it comes from the Almighty and the Miracle of the Sun is it's Imprimatur.We need to get the folks in the parishes to see  that.

tim

Yup, and I'd like to thank folks like you and James who regularly comment and call attention to it.  If it weren't for you guys, and guys like Gerard doing the same with Fr. Martin, I'd be totally lost in neocon land and would never have found traditionalism.  That's more than just switching clubs or labels.  That's finally truly finding Christianity. 

Deo gratias.
(05-13-2011, 02:53 PM)salus Wrote: This Pope will not touch the 3rd Secret during his pontificate after that fiasco he was involved in in the year 2000 A.D. where they tried to pass off that ridiculous 3rd secret, without even covering their steps when we knew already Portugal was mentioned in it years ago. I myself believe that since Portugal has gone the way of other European countries promoting immorality and such that the 3rd secret implies that when the persecuted Pope is forced to flee Rome he will end up in exile in Portugal perhaps at the Fatima shrine?

The real Third Secret of Fatima was published in 1963 in the german newspaper Neues Europen, thanks to the diligent work of investigation by Louis Emmerich.  Check it out!
Boy Wulfrano, I hate to tell you but it ain't so, and you can get all the info and corroboration at Fatima.org. I read and it is a doozy. If I recall Fr. Malachi Martin who read the third secret said it ain't so, too. There are two German sources that know the secret, one is a friend of Pope Benedict XVI, and he is mum on the details, and the priests that Pope John Paul II spoke to about it at some University, and he only gave a few details.

tim
94 years ago today her appearances began, preceded the year before by an apparition of an angel to the children.

Interestingly enough, today is also the Feast of Our Lady of the Most Blessed Sacrament and of St. Robert Bellarmine on the Traditional Calendar.

Our Lady of Fatima, ora pro nobis.

http://www.catholictradition.org/Mary/fatima.htm

http://www.magnificat.ca/cal/engl/05-13.htm
(05-13-2011, 07:01 PM)Walty Wrote:
(05-13-2011, 06:36 PM)timoose Wrote: Our Lord never asked us to be oblivious to the world around us he said be as a wise as serpents. Moreover we need to get the entire Church to join the Fatima Crusade, not forget about it. There are people that peer in here and they have no idea about Fatima, though they may have a foggy notion about the rosary. Fatima will get them to pay attention to their duties to the Almighty. He sent the BMV as an emissary she is coming in an angelic office. What other devotions can claim that authority ? None, it comes from the Almighty and the Miracle of the Sun is it's Imprimatur.We need to get the folks in the parishes to see  that.

tim

Yup, and I'd like to thank folks like you and James who regularly comment and call attention to it.  If it weren't for you guys, and guys like Gerard doing the same with Fr. Martin, I'd be totally lost in neocon land and would never have found traditionalism.  That's more than just switching clubs or labels.  That's finally truly finding Christianity. 

Deo gratias.

+1

You nailed it with that line, Walty, couldn't have said it better myself.
(05-13-2011, 02:41 PM)charlesh Wrote:
(05-12-2011, 07:28 PM)timoose Wrote: I'm sorry but those that talk about the geo-politics and it's relationship to Fatima are not the ones dismissing their mundane daily duties. I've seen no parishes offer millions of rosaries in a bouquet to the Pope, except the SSPX ,and the Grunerites like me. Speaking about the Fatima warnings and their relationship  to the minor Chastisement, which more than a few Fathers have spoken about coming at the Great Apostasy ,will wake the Catholics that peer in here and see what we trads are about. The rosary is not divisive like the TLM can be. They can pick it up and then the little sacrifices and the First Saturdays with ease.  You might like to read Trial Tribulation and Triumph by Desmond Birch and see that Fatima is the warning which brings them all together. This period now was spoken about by Paul and he called it the Great Apostasy, he also spoke in Romans about the people becoming debauched. One would need blinders not to see that we are on the precipice. We have all seen directly how Powerful the rosary is when we all prayed it together. St. Nilus springs to mind. Ignoring what is going on does not make one more pius just ignorant.

tim

Your zeal is somewhat misplaced. All that is true about Fatima, but the whole point is to get us to mind our duties to God and neighbor. I don't imagine you would disagree with that.

From Sr. Lucia's 2nd published memoir: "Of all the words spoken at this Apparition, the ones most deeply engraved upon my heart were those of the request made by our Heavenly Mother: “Do not offend Our Lord and God any more, because He is already so much offended!” How loving a complaint, how tender a request! Who will grant me to make it echo through the whole world, so that all the children of Our Mother in Heaven may hear the sound of her voice!"

Sr. Lucia to Bp. Correia da Silva: "The Good Lord complains bitterly and sorrowfully about the small number of souls in His grace who are willing to renounce whatever the observance of His Law requires of them. This is penance, which the Lord now asks: the sacrifice that every person has to impose upon himself to lead a life of justice in the observance of His Law. For many, thinking that the word penance means great austerities and not feeling in themselves the strength or the generosity for these, lose heart and rest in a life of lukewarmness and sin. Our Lord said to me: 'The sacrifice required of every person is the fulfillment of his duties in life and the observance of My Law. This is the penance that I now seek and require.'"

It's edifying as spiritual reading to read The Whole Truth about Fatima, by Br. Michel, and The True Story of Fatima, by Fr. de Marchi, if it leads to virtue. If it leads to obsession and despair over extraordinary things outside of your control, then the devil has robbed you of your peace. And yes, there are people who go off the deep-end. Interestingly, Sr. Lucia, who saw hell and held the secret, was even-keeled and had a joyful temper.

Yes...but Sr. Lucy knew what was going on. At some point, that is desperately needed by every serious Catholic or person of good will in these ultra-confusing times. The laity therefore have an especially serious obligation to be sure they are receiving a sound catechism on all aspects of the Faith and our times - for themselves and their children. This does not negate "the penance that [Our Lord] now" seeks and requires.
Quote: That's finally truly finding Christianity. 
I am a Catholic today because of Fr. Gruner.  I had decided that the Catholic Faith was wrong, but stumbled upon one of my mom's Fatima Crusader newsletters.  I was an anti-communist and therefore had studied the history of Russia.  After reading about Fatima, and the predictions in it, I realized that it was true.  And therefore the Catholic Faith was true.  So I struggled on in darkness, not knowing what I was looking for.  I had no idea that the Trad movement existed.  But I knew the Catholic Faith was the real one.  And then miraculously a Magazine called Latin Mass Magazine showed up in my mailbox.  And that was it.

Anyhow, if I get to heaven, I'm buying Fr. Gruner a pint of whatever he wants.  He saved my soul.
I give Fr. Gruner much credit in re-forming  my catholic conscience when I came back to the faith. Mainly through his TV program and his magazine, he instructed the viewer the forgotten traditional view of the catholic faith and his staunch and firm stance on the Fatima message. And to  this day,  fatima.org is the first resource I go to for  rock solid  info pertaining to Fatima. Fr. Gruner is a holy and courageous priest  who is to be lauded for his persistence and his character can be judged by how his fellow catholic clergy have attacked him with hatred and disdain.