Happy Solemnity of St. Joseph!
(05-14-2011, 12:25 AM)randomtradguy Wrote: First, yes, prayer to St. Joseph works. He is the man. He is the father of God, after all. (Now all you with brains know I mean no heresy here.)
Second, I'm not gonna lie, I'm a trad, but the '62 more simpler office  is very easy. I love it. I think the Divino Afflatu rubrics would have discouraged me from the Office.

Absolutely, that's why I think, in my case, this Octave and Solemnity was important. St. Joseph is not talked about enough IMHO. And in reading Gueranger's Liturgical Year, he makes quite a case why he is the Saint of the late 19th and 20th Century and in the present. Like you said, he is the protector of the Child Jesus and by default the Church. But, we don't here that enough. Or should I just talk in the 1st person and say, "I don't here that enough". He also makes the case that certain devotions and Feasts are added over the centuries when the time is right. By Divine intervention. He also states that St. Joseph was not talked about much at all in early Church history. But, his time was to come and it is now!

St. Teresa of Avila first proposed greater devotion to St. Joseph and this was communicated to her and the Sisters at Mt. Carmel by the Holy Ghost through meditation and prayer to the Blessed Virgin. That's the best this hack can do in explaining it at the moment. Better to read from the master himself, Gueranger.

By the way, which Breviary do you use that is from '62? Is it Collegville or a pure Latin Breviary?

Messages In This Thread
Happy Solemnity of St. Joseph! - by Adam Wayne - 05-11-2011, 10:39 AM
Re: Happy Solemnity of St. Joseph! - by Paul - 05-13-2011, 12:02 PM
Re: Happy Solemnity of St. Joseph! - by Paul - 05-13-2011, 12:10 PM
Re: Happy Solemnity of St. Joseph! - by Adam Wayne - 05-14-2011, 12:45 AM
Re: Happy Solemnity of St. Joseph! - by Paul - 05-14-2011, 03:08 AM
Re: Happy Solemnity of St. Joseph! - by Paul - 05-14-2011, 03:25 AM