Universae Ecclesiae released - full English text
(05-13-2011, 07:13 AM)Someone1776 Wrote:
(05-13-2011, 07:09 AM)damooster Wrote: I honestly don't see how this is a "no hitter."

When this was first announced on us many people thought it would be restricting the TLM.  Actually, I believe people on these forums started a petition to express their concern! In this light...it's a no hitter!

The blog Rorate Caeli organized the petition in which some of us participated... that was based on concern over an earlier version which was never okayed by the Holy Father.

Fr Z is happy that the definitions of "group of faithful" and "qualified priest" have been simplified and clarified. Basically, a group of faithful doesn't have to be a "stable group", they don't have to be from the diocese and they don't need to have a minimum number. A "qualified priest" basically just needs to be able to pronounce and understand Latin and have attended like a TLM workshop and he's good to go.

The weak point is the seminaries since it's full of weasel words "pastoral needs", "should be", "asked to" which for Fr Z means it's not a perfect game.

Still I think Fr Z really is too optimistic about the whole thing.

This is gonna play out thru Ecclesia Dei, whether they actually take action against recalcitrant Bishops or not

Messages In This Thread
Re: Universae Ecclesiae released - full English text - by Bakuryokuso - 05-13-2011, 07:22 AM