Universae Ecclesiae released - full English text
(05-13-2011, 07:20 AM)mcwhite Wrote: Diocesan priests cannot be ordained according to old rite.

I don't have a big problem with that. A priest who wants to go TLM only should be joining the FSSP in the first place or what have you. The idea behind this rule is the abolition of minor orders, now only available for the Ecclesia Dei groups like the FSSP

(05-13-2011, 07:20 AM)mcwhite Wrote: Those who question the 'legitimacy' of the new rite are anathema (including Cardinal Ratzinger of banal, on the spot product fame).

That really struck me too. I was thinking of FE loners with no TLM out in the sticks. I'm reading UE and thinking wow, this document is really strong on the right of faithful to have access to the TLM

UE Wrote:8. The Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum... has the aim of:
a. offering to all the faithful the Roman Liturgy in the Usus Antiquior, considered as a precious treasure  to be preserved;
b. effectively guaranteeing and ensuring the use of the forma extraordinaria for all who ask for it

But then I realized an FE loner attending no mass whatsoever tends to be an SSPX sympathizer which means they're "disqualified" under UE from asking for a local diocesan TLM. Groan.

UE Wrote:19. The faithful who ask for the celebration of the forma extraordinaria must not in any way support or belong to groups which show themselves to be against the validity or legitimacy of the Holy Mass or the Sacraments celebrated in the forma ordinaria or against the Roman Pontiff as Supreme Pastor of the Universal Church.

(05-13-2011, 07:20 AM)mcwhite Wrote: Bishops have retained all of their ability to frustrate the aspirations of the faithful...

and we will have recourse to a sub-Diacestry for arbitration who took 4 years to issue a document which adds very little to the original.

Sigh...

Well, that's the crux of the matter, whether Ecclesia Dei are gonna man up and kick ass or not. Otherwise it's just more status quo and the weak seminary rules means we'll have to wait longer for the church to be purified from within.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Universae Ecclesiae released - full English text - by Bakuryokuso - 05-13-2011, 07:28 AM