Universae Ecclesiae released - full English text
(05-13-2011, 07:42 AM)Someone1776 Wrote: Rueters is reporting this as a return to the middle ages! Maybe this will turn out to be awesome if the media convinces everyone it has more teeth than it has :)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/05/1...9120110513

The Reuters article doesn't use the term "middle ages"... UE has teeth, the question is whether Ecclesia Dei will bite...

From Reuters: "Most Catholics regard the old mass as nostalgic, rigid and something that turns the clock back on the reforms of the Second Vatican Council, which for some brought the church into modern times."

When I spoke to my NO parish priest as I left the NO for the TLM this is basically how he described the TLM... sort of as a backwards-thinking unnecessary thing that the Pope is, for reasons unknown, keeping on life support.

Well, I hope Bishops feel the pressure, one way or the other.

For me, once I "experienced" the TLM there was just no going back to the NO. I guess my hope is that with UE most Catholics end up experiencing the TLM and then just naturally clamouring for it. Cos I guess most Catholics have no clue what the TLM is actually like

Messages In This Thread
Re: Universae Ecclesiae released - full English text - by Bakuryokuso - 05-13-2011, 07:48 AM