Universae Ecclesiae released - full English text
(05-13-2011, 10:21 AM)DJR Wrote: I agree (except for the spelling of "lightening").  LOL.

For those of you who are younger and were not around to witness "the changes," you have to understand that, although you may not think so, the pendulum has swung significantly from "the early years," when the old Roman Mass seemed to have disappeared from the face of the earth and we had congregations of the Vatican basically lying about its legitimacy (1974, I believe), as is now evident from the pope's statement awhile ago. 

This is a significant document in the life of the Church and will have great influence on the future, even if we cannot see its full impact now.

While the TLM may be much more prominent than it was in the early years.  The Novus Ordo on average is so much worse that it was in the early 70s.  I remember the reverence and care the priests took with the Eucharist in the early Novus Ordo days.  Incense, communion on the tongue at the altar rail.  In the late 70s into the 80s that reverence and care slipped away, due to the imposition of Communion in the Hand, Communion under both species, the simplication of vestments from decent looking to the nighgowns now so prominent. 

We won't reach a real reversal until the Novus Ordo is being again offered in a reverent manner.  Only then, when it is offered that way and the TLM is prominent will the TLM start to draw down the remaining numbers of the Novus Ordo.  My Dad has frequently said, "They did away with the Latin Mass because  if it had been offered alongside this "thing" nobody would go to the new mass."

Messages In This Thread
Re: Universae Ecclesiae released - full English text - by Gerard - 05-13-2011, 11:21 AM