Universae Ecclesiae released - full English text
(05-13-2011, 10:21 AM)DJR Wrote:
(05-13-2011, 08:35 AM)timoose Wrote: If you had been 20 when those changes came like I was, you all would be bitter old men now. The Pope wants to keep as many as he can. This is lightening like speed compared to the Church before Vatican II. Do not despair this Pope will have more  as long as he lives. If it isn't apparent to us, he is cerebral and measured, and as much as Father Z. has some kinks his analysis is spot on "brick by brick".

I agree (except for the spelling of "lightening").  LOL.

For those of you who are younger and were not around to witness "the changes," you have to understand that, although you may not think so, the pendulum has swung significantly from "the early years," when the old Roman Mass seemed to have disappeared from the face of the earth and we had congregations of the Vatican basically lying about its legitimacy (1974, I believe), as is now evident from the pope's statement awhile ago. 

This is a significant document in the life of the Church and will have great influence on the future, even if we cannot see its full impact now.

It would appear that things are in place to reverse many of the errors, but the world has significantly fallen, even since the 60s.  For the Church to return to where She needs to be, I think that She would have to be nearly as strong and courageous, perhaps even more so, than She was during the time of Roman persecution and Christian martyrdom.  The Church will be seen as laughably primitive and will totally lose respect from the world to the point where Catholics may qualify for their own severe mental disorder.

Of course, a Chastisement could change this.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Universae Ecclesiae released - full English text - by Walty - 05-13-2011, 11:25 AM