Universae Ecclesiae released - full English text
(05-13-2011, 11:21 AM)Gerard Wrote: While the TLM may be much more prominent than it was in the early years.  The Novus Ordo on average is so much worse that it was in the early 70s.  I remember the reverence and care the priests took with the Eucharist in the early Novus Ordo days.  Incense, communion on the tongue at the altar rail.   In the late 70s into the 80s that reverence and care slipped away, due to the imposition of Communion in the Hand, Communion under both species, the simplication of vestments from decent looking to the nighgowns now so prominent.   

Gerard,

What year(s) did the major abuses start to take shape at the NO in these United States??

I find it ironic that Extraordinary Ministers didn't start showing up until after a directive called "Immensae Caritatis" in, I think it was January of 1973?? So up until that time laypeople were still kneeling at the Altar Rail and receving on the tongue by the ordained only?? What year did most dioceses take out the Communion Rails and introduce all those abuses to the Mass?? Did the "modernistic" churches that were constructed after 1966 include Altar Rails or no??

CITH may have started in Europe in 1969-70, but I don't think it really took hold until 1976-77 here in the states, is that correct???

Thanks in advance!

Messages In This Thread
Re: Universae Ecclesiae released - full English text - by crusaderfortruth3372 - 05-13-2011, 12:00 PM