Universae Ecclesiae released - full English text
(05-13-2011, 10:49 PM)DJR Wrote: While I have to agree with your statement because of the qualified words "on average," I would say that in many places in the world the new Mass is no worse than it was in the early 1970s.  Your perspective is a U.S. one; and is it safe to assume it's from somewhere on the east coast?  Sounds like your parish was one of the holdouts, but it was definitely not the norm for those days. 

You've guessed that right.  It was the whole Philadelphia archdiocese and probably part of the problem of implementing radical changes is the fact that Philadelphia was a city that generations of families stayed in.  Italians, Irish, Germans and Poles for the most part and they came over from Europe and their children bought a house down the street and their grandchildren would buy a house around the block.  The Universities and the religious orders were the areas that had the dynamism that infected the parishes and broke down the resistance. 

I agree also with the rest of your statement.  It sounds very similar to the descrptions and evidence that Charles Coulombe, Malachi Martin and more recently Michael Voris gave of pre-conciliar abuse. 

Messages In This Thread
Re: Universae Ecclesiae released - full English text - by Gerard - 05-13-2011, 11:00 PM