Universae Ecclesiae released - full English text
(05-14-2011, 04:50 PM)Virgil the Roman Wrote: It should have mandated Latin (as canon law specifies) and mandated that all seminaries world-wide (of the Roman rite) teach the Tridentine Mass to all of their seminarians, without exception.

Well I think that is the next step if this "clarification" does not have the required effect.

Look just like many here I am frustrated with the speed of things, however one must understand that things when it come to Rome move at the pace of well very very slowly and the Vatican's patience tends to be quite limitless however it is not, there are limits and right now the Bishops are testing them. I mean think about it:

1. Paul VI refused to abrogate the TLM even when he was under pressure to do so.
2. John Paul II asked the Bishops to make the TLM available to those that desired it and to be generous about it.
3. Benedict XVI liberated any restriction on the TLM and took it out of the hands of the Bishops
4. B16 is now extraneously asking that seminarians be taught Latin (as they already should be) and learn the TLM in seminary.

The escalation of the issue will continue until we have turned the ship around. One way or another, the TLM is the future one way or another if Papal mandate wont do it the biological solution (which has already began) will.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Universae Ecclesiae released - full English text - by Unum Sint - 05-14-2011, 05:16 PM