Universae Ecclesiae released - full English text
(05-16-2011, 03:14 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote:
(05-16-2011, 03:01 PM)Stubborn Wrote: .
IOW, sin is sin - regardless of who commits it - no?

The NO service is a parody - a caricature of the Holy Sacrifice........................why is that not a sin regardless of who give it the OK? 

I see what you're saying. It's just that in liturgical matters the Pope can changes things "arbitrarily". Quo Primum forbade liturgical innovations without Papal approval and yet the French bishops created illicit changes to the breviary, Gallican psalter and all that. Objectively sinful. But then Pope Saint Pius X actually used some of their changes in his own 1911 breviary revision, making them licit by papal mandate. 

I hear he argument that the NO is the creation of a freemason (Bugnini) and therefore wrong... And yet the SSPX has zero problem with the 1955 Holy Week, which was Bugnini's warm-up to the Novus Ordo. I do find that rather odd in some ways. 

So in matters liturgical the Pope does have some power to make changes. 

The other example is the Eucharistic fast. A one hour fast, the three hour fast would've been insufficient and therefore sinful in certain years but this is something the church is allowed to modify like, to some extent, the liturgy. 

Well, the pope is the supreme authority. He can change whatever he wants far as I'm concerned.

What he cannot do without sound reason is bind any of us to the promulgation of the contradiction tradition. 

Perhaps folks were fooled in the early years - but if they remain fooled after all this time, after seeing with their own eyes the abomination, then they are the fools and have no one to blame but themselves.

Hopefully their obedience will grant them some slack, but IMO, I'd hate to have to depend on that.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Universae Ecclesiae released - full English text - by Stubborn - 05-16-2011, 03:23 PM