Universae Ecclesiae released - full English text
(05-16-2011, 06:51 PM)st.dominic_savio Wrote: I want to apologize for an earlier comment I made stating that priests of the FSSP have to "disguise their true traditionalism." I did not this mean as a slight against the individual priests of the FSSP, rather I meant it as a slight against the forces within the Vatican that continue to believe: 1.) Novus Ordo is of equal value to the tridentine, 2.) JP2 Has already consecrated Russia properly. Having attended both the FSSP and SSPX I can truly say that both groups share the same reverence and holiness, however I personally prefer the SSPX because of the two issues I mentioned.

Thanks for clarifying.  My family attends a FSSP parish, but have great respect for the SSPX.  We routinely offer up Rosaries for the SSPX, as well as all priest who offer the Traditional Latin Mass. 

I think it's important that "ALL" on these forums remember that the only true winners of us fighting amongst ourselves is the modernist.  A little common sense goes along way.  None of us SSPX, FSSP, ICK, would be here if we didn't have issues with the Novus Ordo and other rotten fruits of Vatican II.  This especially is true for priests.  All traditionalist priest suffer persecution at the hands of the modernist within the Church.  This is why it is important that we pray for them and not judge them because they don't belong to our preferred religious order.

Traditionalist fighting  = modernist winning           
(05-17-2011, 08:39 AM)SpiderDweeb Wrote:
(05-16-2011, 06:51 PM)st.dominic_savio Wrote: I want to apologize for an earlier comment I made stating that priests of the FSSP have to "disguise their true traditionalism." I did not this mean as a slight against the individual priests of the FSSP, rather I meant it as a slight against the forces within the Vatican that continue to believe: 1.) Novus Ordo is of equal value to the tridentine, 2.) JP2 Has already consecrated Russia properly. Having attended both the FSSP and SSPX I can truly say that both groups share the same reverence and holiness, however I personally prefer the SSPX because of the two issues I mentioned.

Thanks for clarifying.  My family attends a FSSP parish, but have great respect for the SSPX.  We routinely offer up Rosaries for the SSPX, as well as all priest who offer the Traditional Latin Mass. 

I think it's important that "ALL" on these forums remember that the only true winners of us fighting amongst ourselves is the modernist.  A little common sense goes along way.  None of us SSPX, FSSP, ICK, would be here if we didn't have issues with the Novus Ordo and other rotten fruits of Vatican II.  This especially is true for priests.  All traditionalist priest suffer persecution at the hands of the modernist within the Church.  This is why it is important that we pray for them and not judge them because they don't belong to our preferred religious order.

Traditionalist fighting  = modernist winning           

Thumbs up!
Issue: Is missing Sunday Mass a mortal sin?

Response: "The requirement to attend Mass on Sunday and other holy days of obligation, rooted in the Third Commandment and codified in Church law (cf. Code of Canon Law, canons 1246-48) is a serious obligation for all Catholics. A Catholic who (a) is able to attend Sunday Mass (i.e., who is not impeded by illness, lack of transportation, etc.), (b) knows the seriousness of this requirement, and © nonetheless freely chooses to miss Mass, thereby commits a mortal sin (cf. Catechism, no. 2181)."

(05-17-2011, 12:07 PM)dan hunter Wrote: Issue: Is missing Sunday Mass a mortal sin?

Response: "The requirement to attend Mass on Sunday and other holy days of obligation, rooted in the Third Commandment and codified in Church law (cf. Code of Canon Law, canons 1246-48) is a serious obligation for all Catholics. A Catholic who (a) is able to attend Sunday Mass (i.e., who is not impeded by illness, lack of transportation, etc.), (b) knows the seriousness of this requirement, and © nonetheless freely chooses to miss Mass, thereby commits a mortal sin (cf. Catechism, no. 2181)."

Sharp.
Quote from: dan hunter
Issue: Is missing Sunday Mass a mortal sin?

"Sharp."

Like a well honed stilletto.
Dan where do you attend on Sundays?
At the Traditional Latin Mass as often as possible, which works out, usually to thrice per month.
The other Sunday we find the most reverent Novus Ordo Mass.
I, too, try to use the word "thrice" whenever I can.