Holy water
No, you need IT help afterwards.  :'(
(06-03-2011, 01:06 PM)Heinrich Wrote:
(06-01-2011, 12:52 AM)wulfrano Wrote:
(05-30-2011, 10:28 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote:
(05-13-2011, 06:06 PM)Pilgrim_here Wrote: Thanks.  Getting back to the topic of the thread - any further thoughts on useful things I could speak about?  I already had mentioned the point about it symbolising Baptism in my OP, but thanks for that thought Someone.

Pilgrim-here, if you've already told the person that holy water is a reminder of one's baptism and cleansing of sin, you can mention that in the baptism rite there is the promise to renounce Satan and the words of exorcism. All sacramentals, used with a proper disposition, are helpful in increasing faith and stirring up grace, and thus warding off evil. Explain to your friend that inner attitude determines faith or superstition.

You didn't mention if the Protestant was a fundamentalist. If so, fundamentalists aren't going to see baptism as anything but a symbol anyway. If they think we are superstitious regarding baptism itself, then explaining the concept of holy water isn't going to fly. But the holy water discussion gives you an opportunity to get to the root of the issue -- the necessity of baptism and its effects: the remission of sin, the indelible mark, and the infusion of sanctifying grace in the soul.

Is your roomate Wiccan or a Voodoo priest(ess)?

In all seriousness, Wulf--may I call you Wulf?-- where do you find yourself in the presence of spells to be dissed?

I flick Holy Water on my computer sometimes if what I have read strikes a fear of Demons in me or if images wave temptation over me. It hasn't happened much, but sometimes. E.g., If I were to have opened the blasphemous pic in the thread about its popularity, I would have blessed myself and given a drop or two to the screen and hard drive housing. I didn't and I won't.

I have holy water and it sure helps me in dispelling spells.

Dear Heinrich:  You can call me anything you want.  I live constantly surrounded by Emos, superstitious gooks, Harry Potter movie CDs, TV blasphemous programs, masons, witches, warlocks, communists, atheists, etc.  They wittingly or unwittingly send off bad vibes and I can unwillingly act as an antenna.  Sprinkled Holy Water protects me.
Sounds great, Wulfy. BTW, you need to get your hands on some Epiphany Water blessed by the priests of the FSSP; it is, I believe, exorcised three times. Very powerful. They call it "Napalm" Lemme know if you want some. I will send it to you, gratis. Lord knows you need it based on the soup description you gave us.
(06-03-2011, 07:21 PM)Heinrich Wrote: Sounds great, Wulfy. BTW, you need to get your hands on some Epiphany Water blessed by the priests of the FSSP; it is, I believe, exorcised three times. Very powerful. They call it "Napalm" Lemme know if you want some. I will send it to you, gratis. Lord knows you need it based on the soup description you gave us.

Dear Heinrich:  Thank you for your offer.  But I already have some.  Fr. Feliciano Chavez Nolasco, a mexican priest who was ordained in 1959, once a long while travels all the way from Mexico City to Tijuana and he affords us all the holy water we need as well as provides us with the true sacraments according to Tradition.

However I do have a tremendous favor to ask of you.  In northern France there lives Danielle Lasry who desperately needs holy water.  If you give me your E-mail I can send it to her so she and you can get together as to how to send and receive respectively the holy water.  Thank you.
(06-03-2011, 07:33 PM)wulfrano Wrote:
(06-03-2011, 07:21 PM)Heinrich Wrote: Sounds great, Wulfy. BTW, you need to get your hands on some Epiphany Water blessed by the priests of the FSSP; it is, I believe, exorcised three times. Very powerful. They call it "Napalm" Lemme know if you want some. I will send it to you, gratis. Lord knows you need it based on the soup description you gave us.

Dear Heinrich:  Thank you for your offer.  But I already have some.  Fr. Feliciano Chavez Nolasco, a mexican priest who was ordained in 1959, once a long while travels all the way from Mexico City to Tijuana and he affords us all the holy water we need as well as provides us with the true sacraments according to Tradition.

However I do have a tremendous favor to ask of you.  In northern France there lives Danielle Lasry who desperately needs holy water.  If you give me your E-mail I can send it to her so she and you can get together as to how to send and receive respectively the holy water.  Thank you.

Es de México, Wulfchacho? Por avion, eh? Hmmm . . . doesn't she have access in France, the Church's eldest daughter? Tradition is strong there with the FSSP.

:pray: :pray: :pray: for  Fr. Feliciano Chavez Nolasco, a mexican priest
(06-03-2011, 07:46 PM)Heinrich Wrote:
(06-03-2011, 07:33 PM)wulfrano Wrote:

Es de México, Wulfchacho? Por avion, eh? Hmmm . . . doesn't she have access in France, the Church's eldest daughter? Tradition is strong there with the FSSP.

:pray: :pray: :pray: for  Fr. Feliciano Chavez Nolasco, a mexican priest

Dear Heinrich:  You are right.  She does have connections in France with priests of the FSSP.  I will tell her to approach them for the holy water.  So... thank you anyway for your interest and support.
holy water is water which has been sanctified by a priest for the purpose of baptism, the blessing of persons, places, and objects; or as a means of repelling evil..The first use of holy water, i.e. for baptism and spiritual cleansing, is common among several religions, from Christianity to Sikhism and Hinduism..The use of holy water in the earliest days of Christianity is attested to only in somewhat later documents. The Apostolic constitutions which go back to about the year 400, attribute to the precept of using holy water to Apostle Matthew. Hence the first historical testimony goes back to the fifth century. However, it is plausible that, in the earliest Christian times, water was used for expiatory and purificatory purposes, to a way analogous to its employment under the Jewish Law..Holy water is simply water that has been blessed by a priest. Christian churches have used holy water since the fifth century, if not earlier.
(06-04-2011, 07:02 AM)prack Wrote: holy water is water which has been sanctified by a priest for the purpose of baptism, the blessing of persons, places, and objects; or as a means of repelling evil..The first use of holy water, i.e. for baptism and spiritual cleansing, is common among several religions, from Christianity to Sikhism and Hinduism..The use of holy water in the earliest days of Christianity is attested to only in somewhat later documents. The Apostolic constitutions which go back to about the year 400, attribute to the precept of using holy water to Apostle Matthew. Hence the first historical testimony goes back to the fifth century. However, it is plausible that, in the earliest Christian times, water was used for expiatory and purificatory purposes, to a way analogous to its employment under the Jewish Law..Holy water is simply water that has been blessed by a priest. Christian churches have used holy water since the fifth century, if not earlier.

Saint Francis of Assisi, in his Canticle, calls water his "pure and chaste sister".