Bar-B-Que
I did New Yorks and chicken thighs today.  Charcoal.  Medium for me, medium well for the wife (chicken full cooked).

I put a good amount of charcoal in, and once it's hot I scoot it all over to one side.  Steaks over the coals, chicken over the coals just for a minute or two per side before I move them so that they're not over direct heat.  Steaks come off and the lid goes on until the chicken's done.

I like putting a little butter on broccoli and then blackening them a little bit on the bbq.  Also mushrooms with some Cavender's greek seasoning.  Actually, I use the cavenders on a lot of stuff.
You know what the problem is with grilling?  It drains the grease!
just make sure to sear it good on both sides, there'll be plenty left in there.
(05-30-2011, 12:18 AM)Cassius_Longinus Wrote: just make sure to sear it good on both sides, there'll be plenty left in there.

Yup, but you need some on the outside to fry the mushrooms and onions.
(05-30-2011, 12:08 AM)The Curt Jester Wrote: You know what the problem is with grilling?  It drains the grease!

O.k. fine, take an iron skillet and put it on top of the grill  ;D
A devotee of Cavenders Greek Seasoning!!!!!!  Ever since we discovered that stuff, we use it on damn near everything....as a dry rub, as a marinade ingredient, or just in place of salt and pepper.  LOVE IT!!
Ya, I found it by accident many years ago.  Glorious accident!  Ya, I rub it on my steak and then go in search of a fine beer.  Nothing's better than grilling in the rain with some really good beer...imho.  Of course, rain is a special treat in itself here in the desert.
Memphis Style ribs or Eastern Carolina pork, both slow smoked over hickory. BBQing with propane should be illegal.
(05-30-2011, 05:20 PM)DesperatelySeeking Wrote: A devotee of Cavenders Greek Seasoning!!!!!!  Ever since we discovered that stuff, we use it on damn near everything....as a dry rub, as a marinade ingredient, or just in place of salt and pepper.  LOVE IT!!

It's also good to add a liberal dash to your Bloody Mary for those brisk Saturday morning tailgates.
Beef Ribs. 

There's two kinds of beef ribs.  One is the short rib (more meat, but tougher and more expensive), the other is the back rib (it's how they make ribeyes boneless).  I got a slab of the back ribs.  About 7 bones.  I cut the slab into individual ribs and then slap them on the grill.  Flip after about 8 minutes and coat with sauce.  After about 8 minutes, I flip them onto a plate and smother in sauce.  Delicious! 

These are priced in my area between 2.79 and 4.50 per pound, but I've heard of some folks getting them much cheaper. 

If the coals catch fire when you are grilling, the meat will get burnt.  So, I keep a spray bottle of water handy.  Otherwise, you can close the grill lid and it will smother the flames, but the meat will get more of a smokey flavor. 

(meat thermometers make this job much easier)